587,611 active members*
4,029 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma 5VA Gear Change

Okuma 5VA Gear Change

I am trying to get this machine into production Okuma Howa 5VA. I have Zero'd XYZ then sent my Z to 0 for ATC. I then type in a S code of anything from S 30 to S 75 trying to get the spindle to come out of neutral. Nothing works but on the "machine side" at the tool changer I am getting a flashing error of 73 and limit switch 1 or 2 depending on which S code I typed in. Also the Fanuc controller is 6M and when I puch Cycle Start it stays lit and nothing happens.

Can someone please help and let me know what I need to do!

Have you tried M06 T1 for example, this should drive the spindle to M19 keylock position and drive Z axis to the correct position for a tool change. Note what happens and where it hangs up if things stop.

S30 etc; on its own may not effect a gear change, try M03 S30 etc; and see if anything "new" happens.

Its unusual for a machine tool to remain in neutral, it usually stays in the last programmed speed range. Possibly the change valve is jammed or monitoring switches defective, i.e; always low/ high.

I have tried those items you told me about. None of it worked. It seems that I can put my commands into the Fanuc Controller and the Cycle Start stays lit but I am not getting any output from my Hydraulics on the back. The cylinder for the gear change is not even to attempt to move along with any clamp or unclamping of the tool. Basically the only commands I can get to work are M08 and M09. My hydraulics is on and I have pressure but nothing is activating.

Please help...

It is possible you have blown the external 24v dc output fuse, older Fanuc controls simply switch the 24v through the output card so its possible you have lost this voltage and nothing with a solenoid will operate, solenoids are quite high current and will short out from time to time, taking the fuse out.

Check if you have this 24v on the common rail in the electrical cabinet.