587,997 active members*
1,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Cadet mate RS232

Okuma Cadet mate RS232

I keep getting this alarm message #320 RS232 not ready when I try to download from a PC,I know it is connected correctly because I can use the DNCB ok, can anybody help?

RS232 port number differs from DNC-B to "punch" and also differs from "read". Communication bitrate also.

Quote Originally Posted by Colinneil View Post
    I keep getting this alarm message #320 RS232 not ready when I try to download from a PC,I know it is connected correctly because I can use the DNCB ok, can anybody help?
    Hi Colin, welcome to da zone
    I assume that you can send files from the control to the PC with no problems.

Quite often the file that is to be transmitted requires a "%" at the end if the file to let the control know to terminate receiving mode, you may have to trial if the same code is required as the 1st line of code as well

What are the machine's comms switches set to, they are set differently if running a file thru DNC as opposed to sending a file to MD1:

Typical procedure for sending to the control
    • -on PC, open DNC program, select machine and transfer config
    • -on PC, select or open the required file
    • -on m/c, set comms switches ( if running DNC or just sending file )
    • -if running full DNC (R-method on m/c screen), cycle start should start program running
    • -if sending, <Edit>, <DNC-b>, <In>, Your Filename.MIN <Write> ---- you should be seeing the file being sent on the PC screen,--- the control screen will update or do a linefeed when entire file has been read into the control, if no % is at the end of the program <<<< the machine may freeze--- and require a reboot >>>>

Note!!!- comm switches when setting to R-method ( full DNC ) may only be recognised after a m/c reboot
    And I don't think you can you "PIP" "READ" , but give it a try

cant figure how to make a new post but i need help with trying to get my okuma cadet mate to communicate with my pc i have a rs 232 port but my machine dont appear to have a dnc-b so how do i send a program in

i have a rs 232 port but my machine dont appear to have a dnc-b so how do i send a program in
    You can receive it on OSP by "PIP>READ" command if your program size is not bigger than available free space on OSP for part programs