587,204 active members*
3,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma LC40 chuck foot pedal intermittent - ideas?

Okuma LC40 chuck foot pedal intermittent - ideas?

A while back my LC40 started to be intermittent when I would press the foot pedal to actuate the chuck. It would work most of the time, then half the time, then some of the time.

In many of my programs, it opens the chuck at the end of the cycle, and this also doesn't work most of the time. I noticed that when I am pushing the foot pedal, the chuck clamp goes off, but the unclamp light never comes on.

I don't think it's the pedal itself because it is also not working right in the program. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I am guessing there's a relay somewhere in the cabinet that's maybe dying. Anyone know where to look?

Thanks!

Bad Ru1 board. Failing relay. Common on the OSP5020 controls. If its an early control, its just an ice cube relay. Relays can be purchase from digi key, and re-soldered on the RU1 board. Done plenty myself years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Bad Ru1 board. Failing relay. Common on the OSP5020 controls. If its an early control, its just an ice cube relay. Relays can be purchase from digi key, and re-soldered on the RU1 board. Done plenty myself years ago.
    great, thanks! I ended up working out that it was indeed a relay. Ordered a few of 'em from Mouser.

Thanks again for your help!