587,203 active members*
3,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 33 of 107 2331323334354383

Re: OmioCNC report

Yeah once you copy that whole folder in over the top of the one already in Mach3 and reboot the computer it should run fine pretty much however you start the app.

Tried again a third time, this time with a new user (admin) I created on the PC. Copied all the items over to the Mach 3 directory item by item rather than all at once. Still the same problem, it just won't find the NcUsbPod.dll. I really can't see why it won't work, whether the OS is 64bit Win 10 or 32bit Win XP.

Did any of you have to install seperate drivers for the USB motion card or anything? There must be something I've missed. I've attached the Mach 3 set up instructions and followed these exactly as they say to do, no more no less.

Edit: Now then, I've just had it running. For about 5 seconds, I jogged each of the axis quickly and fired the spindle up to check they all moved and that's it. I didn't do anything different just reopened Mach for one final attempt and it worked, so I shut it straight down to try set up the wireless handle and it won't go again since. Then I realised I always have my laptop on mute, so I turned the volume up. Unplugging/replugging in the USB cable does nothing. No 'device connected' pop up, no audible chime it always makes when you plug something in. I think the problem is my laptop not recognising the USB motion card, and nothing at all to do with Mach 3.

Edit 2: Problem found. The USB port in the back of the control box is floppier than an old mans bits. Knocked the cable and the laptop chimed, I've spent all afternoon scratchign my head and the result was simple! Such is life. Will have some fun with the machine tomorrow now. Happy days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3-ConfigurationV2.pdf  

Just a quick one, does the y axis move into negative values from the home position? I'm setting up my first tool path from home and wondering where to set my part zero, forgot to take any note of it.

Had everything up and running earlier all seems to work fine, ran the test files as that's all I had and no time to set up anything of my own. The USB cable is a bit of a bigger as I've had to zip tie it up so its in the right place but at least it works now. Only problem I'm having is what I think is binding on both x and y axis every time I power the machine up and move it back to home, when I jog the x and y it's seems to get stuck in random places along each axis when moving at full speed until I've jogged each axis up and down a couple of time then it stops and runs smoothly. Anyone else experienced this? Maybe needs some lubrication.

Glad you found it, glad the fix was simple. Make sure you have that cable routed so it can't get knocked out of the box or laptop mid job to save yourself even more aggro.

Y axis is -ve toward you, +ve to the back of the machine. I tend to set up the part in the CAD/CAM so that Z=0 at the top of the part and any +ve Z is above the part. X is on the right and Y on the front. So any work on the part is -X and +Y. Just find it easier this way to jog the machine to the top front right corner of the part, zero the DROs and start the job.

The jogging thing sounds like sticky linear bearings or screws - worth a light spray down on the screws with WD40 or similar and then running it back and forth a few times along the whole range. Take note of where it's sticking too, if it's always in the same place you might want to check the screw or rails for defects.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Edit 2: Problem found. The USB port in the back of the control box is floppier than an old mans bits. Knocked the cable and the laptop chimed, I've spent all afternoon scratchign my head and the result was simple! Such is life. Will have some fun with the machine tomorrow now. Happy days.
    I had the same problem, but not quite that bad. I would suddenly lose connection to the board, but when I noticed that the connector was so loose, I replaced the connector. I haven't run any long jobs yet do I can't say if that has fixed the problem.

I ordered The X6-2200 Today. I am getting just the frame and spindle. I already have a smooth stepper ESS and stepper motors and computer with mach3. I got the frame and spindle for $1400 USD by excluding the electronics. The only thing I will need is a VFD for the spindle as they wouldn't supply that separately. Does anyone know where I can find a suitable VFD. They asked me if I wanted the 110volt or 220volt spindle so I asked for the 220 volt spindle. Is this a three phase motor or DC or single phase?

3 phase.

They ship with a Nowforever D100 VFD, you might be able to source this or the E100 online.

I have a happy. My new 12V PSU went into my control box today and I can now drive everything - including steady PWM controlled 3.5W laser - without any hassles over ethernet via the UC400ETH.

Mach3 is still giving me the irrits over delays with the laser control but I can get around it by changing the 'speed' of the laser from 0 to 100 instead of switching it on and vice versa instead of off.

Orange Box - have done a bit more work and it works without any problems, using the free version of Fusion 360 CAD CAM. This is from last night:

Attachment 334830

to

Attachment 334834

Like the tray. Yet to build something quite as neat, but 'thinkin abart it'.
    Cheers
    Roger

Yep. I made a collet holder but didn't do the rest of it. Very flash!

I sent an e-mail to OmioCNC asking for the specs for the spindle and this is the response I got:

Spindle: 220V AC, three-phase (must be powered by VFD, absolutely can not directly connect it to the mains power)
    VFD Requirements: 2.2KW / 220V, input AC220V two-phase, output AC220v three-phase

So now I need to find a suitable VFD.

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the nice comments.

Orange Box - Things going well and I have not encountered any problems yet. Did my first PCB and that worked also. Started in Eagle but then re-drew the layout in Fusion 360. The pictures are right after the machining without any further action (ie no sanding). The first picture is against the light.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CncCtrl002_P9280580.jpg   CncCtrl002_Alt_P9280580.jpg  

Clean cuts. What cutter are you using?
    Cheers
    Roger

So what's the secret to the orange box?

Hi Roger, I use the 3mm 30Deg V cutter that came with the machine. Currently, I am doing things slow - 12000rpm 200mm/min.

Hi ProperWood, how is your Orange Box going?
    The only way I have tried to use my Omio is via Fusion 360 and selecting Boxy for G-Code generation. I tried different ones and Boxy has always worked for me.

Attachment 335122

A friend of mine dismantled it and rebuilt it with all new parts to avoid future issues and make it work with Mach 3

So I'll eventually be selling a lot of the components as spares if anyone on here is interested.

Be interesting to hear what got replaced and why.

I spent a few hours last week churning out felt spacer pads for my scuba compressor filter. A bit of manual g-code fun - some circles done as a pair of G02 Xnn Rnn operations followed by a G92 to set a temporary offset and start again. The little 3.5W laser cut through the 8mm felt clean in two passes - even leaving a tidy 0.4mm ring between a disc and the ring that sat around it 1mm wider diameter. Next step will be a high volume, low pressure fume extractor and probably a nozzle for directing the air around the heatsink and through the laser stream to prevent smoke getting on the lens.

That little project ended up getting a bit out of hand. Laser with controller ready to plug into 12V? $200. No PWM control, damn. New controller board: $50. Setting it up I misinterpreted the instructions between the controller and laser resellers (different sources) and blew up the laser. $100 for a replacement. Now I have PWM control but it's laggy and horrible and I am finding the Yongnuo USB BOB is getting in the way of sorting it out. $200 for a Cnc-drive UC400-ETH controller and an opto isolated BOB to suit. Yessss, that's starting to look better (had to pop a FET inverter in the line to get the PWM for spindle control and laser control to line up). Make up a holder and install it in the black box. Crap, now turning from 0 to full throttle on the laser bounces the power supply for the whole thing - the transient response on my 12V switcher can't cope. So new 12V power supply, another $20.

Forget the time spent designing and printing the bracket, running cables through the chain, cutting the heatsink for the laser out of ali stock with the bandsaw, making interface circuitry, nutting it all out and getting it going. All up that quick cheap laser ended up costing me up near $600.:drowning:

Still, it's going now. I learnt a lot. The machine seems to be running a lot better with the new controller. I'm a lot happier running ethernet than USB. And the stage is set for what is rapidly becoming an inevitable jump from Mach3 to UCCNC. Happy days!

Anyone have an issue where the Z-axis will only move down with the X6-2200L? I have been through all the pin and port settings without figuring out why it does this.

Page 33 of 107 2331323334354383