588,603 active members*
9,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OSP-P200L want to read z offset

OSP-P200L want to read z offset

Had a crash on our new lathe Operator forgot to touch off the tool. We touch off on the face of the chuck. I am looking to put a check in the beginning of the program that will go back and check the z offset in the setup page to make sure it is close to what it should be compared to the last time we ran the job....does anyone know how to do this??

thanks

C.A.S. will not allow it. Also IF [statements] is pretty simple.

Um, I will add my 2 cents though, I understand the reason you would touch off your tools using the face of the chuck :nono: , no wonder there was a crash I'm assuming with the chuck?? That is also alot of unneccessary work IMO.
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

When I ran a Mazak QuickTurn, we would "Teach" touch off on a 120-150mm long brass bar that would sit against the chuck.
    At least it may move any toolset problems further away from a solid machine part that tends to create sparks. When you call up the tool and offset and go Z zero it should stop the "gauge" distance from the chuck

This code should do what you are looking for. Change variables as needed for correct tool #, offset limit, etc.

(AT START OF PROGRAM)
    V1=VTOFZ[1]-V2
    IF [ABS[V1] LE .01] NRUN
    VUACM[1]='OFFSET BAD #1'
    VDOUT[993] = 1
    NRUN
    ;
    ;
    CODE
    ;
    ;
    V2=VTOFZ[1] (TOOL OFFSET ON Z 1 LAST TIME IT RAN)
    M2

Best regards,

We have had good luck with this method. We also use it for the zero sets in some cases.

IF [VZOFZ LT 436.3697] NALM1 (Z Zero set low limit)
    IF [VZOFZ GT 436.3897] NALM2 (Z Zero set high limit)
    IF [VTOFZ [3] LT 1.4620] NALM3 (Z Offset #3 low limit)
    IF [VTOFZ [3] GT 1.4720] NALM4 (Z Offset #3 high limit)

If the Z zero set or Z offset #3 doesn't fall within the limits you set, the machine will alarm and not run. Use it for the X axis too if you have a need.

IF [VTOFX [3] LT -----] NALM5 (X Offset #3 low limit)
    IF [VTOFX [3] GT -----] NALM6 (X Offset #3 high limit)

Rick

here are my $0,02 also. First run of first lines of a part program in single block mode must be a strong habbit for operator in my opinion. It's nice to have smart functions in use, but more lines in program = more space for human mistake = less reliability of work.
    Next. There is M25 function- especially built for safety. It's not easy to hit the jaws using that function. You need to set variables of this function only once when setting jaws/ tailstock and reference tool. M25 will work on all part programs with the same jaws/ tailstock setting.