587,369 active members*
3,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OSP3000 Executive tapes

OSP3000 Executive tapes

We have an older LC-30 4 axis Lathe that we are trying to get up and running. We have came to the conclusion that we have lost our executive program. And didnt get the executive tapes to reload. Okuma hasnt had any luck with making new ones, so I am calling out for help, to see if anyone out there is still running this machine that has tapes that would be willing to make a copy for me. I am willing to pay for all expenses and compensate you for doing so. We would need your serial # of the lathe to let Okuma compare to see if yours is compatable with ours. Our serial # is 0164 and would need one that is pretty close. We have the single line display control panel, (no CRT). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Okuma should have no problem getting software for that machine. i know they still make software (even on tape) for the much older 2200 controls. You will have to work through your Okuma distributor. i am sure you would have to pay for it.

Did one there distributor tell you they were having a hard time or did okuma tell you that?

They have submitted a inquire to Okuma Japan from Morris south in Charlotte NC for 2-3 weeks now with no answer. The parts guy I have been talking too said if they could reproduce them they would be 3-4K. Which is an option, but I wanted to see if there were any other options out there before we spend that kind of money on that old of a machine. Thanks

i understand. good luck.

Thanks

Anyone else running one of these machines?
    Ryan Null
    Brock Enterprises of VA LLC

We have determined 100% that our machine has lost all memory.

So we are still looking for a set of tapes that will match our machine.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
    Ryan Null

Possibly can help. With machine would have been A4 piece of paper with OSP management data card at top of page. Do you have this? In top left hand corner of page is the software numbers of executive tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by PAPILLON View Post
    Possibly can help. With machine would have been A4 piece of paper with OSP management data card at top of page. Do you have this? In top left hand corner of page is the software numbers of executive tapes.

I have it at the office. I will look in the morning and give you the tape numbers and see what you can do for me. thanks in advance
    Ryan Null

The tape numbers I have are
    LRT32D-2F-C
    SCA2D-37B2 ??????

Serial number of the machine is 0164
    Production # B-137-4125-59

Thanks
    Ryan Null

After searching my database of local machines I possibly have something that will work
    from an LC20 (This does not matter as the travel for the bigger LC30 is set in parameters after loading control software).Can you Fax me a copy of that data sheet to allow me to compare the hardware on your machine. My fax +27 11 7080844.

Did you receive my fax? Thanks
    Ryan Null

Thanks, office has recieved your fax and as soon as I am back there I will have a look.

We are still looking for a set of these tapes to copy to get our machine running. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Butch
    Ryan Null

would ne1 know how to pull out programs from edit buffer off an okuma lc20 osp3000???we are not using tape, just manually putting in codes but we dont know how to pull up old programs out the okuma???if you want you can send me a privaate mesage or we can go thru this thread