588,044 active members*
3,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ov-2 error

ov-2 error

Hello, i am very new at this.... please help me to understand!!

i was doing a wood work.. and suddenly on the inverter appears a OV-2 error sign...

i can not do anything else...

what could be the problem? and most important, how can i fix it?

thanks.

You do not say what VFD you have. What does the manual say about an OV-2 error? Usually that is something like a DC bus over voltage, which can be the result of regenerative energy coming back from the spinning load as a result to having your Decel control enabled and wanting too aggressive of a Decel rate. When decelerating with a VFD, the motor is kept energized, which can turn it into a generator if the reference frequency given to it is lower than the actual speed of the shaft. A VFD's DC bus can absorb a tiny amount of that energy, but not much. You need to either install a Dynamic Braking Resistor system to have a place to dump off that motor energy and burn it as heat, or you need to set the Decel to "Coast" so that the VFD is not keeping the motort energized.

This is again, assuming that's what OV-2 means for your brand of drive. it could also mena something else entirely.

Some phase converters leave you with a Delta wired 240Volt system. Delta means no neutral another words no 120V. Some machines are setup for 208V three phase. You may have to buy an isolation transformer with a 240Delta to a 208WYE secondary.

we just had a customer with a UV-2 problem we had to fix, on a P5 by IDM vfd (actually private labeled Yaskawa).

download the manual on YOUR vfd to read what the error is and how to fix it; if it is this same P5 then email me if u want me to email you cc of the manual I downloaded to fix this one.

as Jraef said, it is likely overvolts and gets reset by cycling power. ov-1,2,3 prob means during accel, during run, and during decel.