I've finally saved up for a Tormach lathe (turret style, with tooling), and am ready to make the order. I've wired my shop and am ready to go.

The problem is I know little to nothing about CAD/CAM. I bought a cheap ebay cnc router awhile ago, and have been messing with it with easel, and simple cad/cam browser software. That's the end of my knowledge.

I taught myself to turn grade 5 6al-4v on a mini grizzly lathe, so I've got a good grip on speeds and feeds necessary, etc.

I'm just overwhelmed with both the prices, and the options available for CAD/CAM programs.

Is there a good, decently cheap (around, or less than $1,000 USD) that anyone can recommend? Like I said, I'm a total beginner, but if there's a program that's slightly intuitive and I could teach myself, that would be best.

I make wedding rings from titanium, tungsten, stainless, and damascus at the moment. Most of them have inlays which are cut with a sg profile bit. Nothing too fancy. I'd like to add comfort fit interiors. Hopefully that helps give a little idea of the direction I'd like to go with the software.

I really appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thank you.