588,120 active members*
4,665 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 5 12345
    I was thinking more along the lines of the machinery expo in Portland like last year.

I would Definitely go id there is one in Washington/orgeon area

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of the machinery expo in Portland like last year.
    When is this expo this year?
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

The G.E.A.R.S. show is here in Portland in Sept., Might be a good time to get together.

Quote Originally Posted by automizer View Post
    When is this expo this year?
    I don't think they are doing one this year which I am a little bummed about since I missed it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARINGMAN View Post
    The G.E.A.R.S. show is here in Portland in Sept., Might be a good time to get together.
    That isn't a bad idea. I'd be interesting in going.

If anyone wants to get together for a swap meet prior to Sept. we can do it at my place down in Salem. Otherwise I am up for driving as far as Portland.

I don't know about anyone else but I need to book time off work and get the wife on board so picking a time is needed. So if we like the idea of around the GEARS show I found the web site http://216.197.127.227/index.html and the show is Aug, 30-31 a wee bit before sept.
    HAAS GR-408

Quote Originally Posted by automizer View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I need to book time off work and get the wife on board so picking a time is needed. So if we like the idea of around the GEARS show I found the web site http://216.197.127.227/index.html and the show is Aug, 30-31 a wee bit before sept.
    I'd be able to make it there Aug 31st.

OK, now we have a time, now we just need a place

mike

Quote Originally Posted by mlaws1172 View Post
    OK, now we have a time, now we just need a place

mike
    Tailgater in the GEARS parking lot? :banana:

I am intersted also. I wanted to go to the Mach3 seminar but could not make it then.
    If this show is in Tacoma/Seattle area I can make it in about a 4.5 hour drive, from the west.
    and on a side note I am building a 6'x12' plasma table.
    47MLB

Please visit: <http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=462505#post462505>

We also have a related thread regarding this going on.

Although preliminary my machining instructor is open to hosting it (Location NOT expenses! -- Typical school budget.). Once I know more about it's size and details we will put in a formal proposal with the school.

Please read my last message and give me feedback.
    George Lawrence Storm, Kenmore (Seattle), Washington
    Inventor, Machinist, Macintosh Applications Developer, Videographer

Pacific Northwest CNC'ers

It looks like there is interest in getting together, but it's kind of hard without a formal organization. Pretty hard to get anyone to let us have space when they ask who wants it and we cant come up with a name.In the interest of getting this started, I have purchased the domain name PNWCNC.com, and am hosting the site. As of now there is nothing there until we can come up with an organization to use it. Please send replies and ideas to: [email protected].

We can register the organization, much like any other hobby club, and then be "legit" I think it's something like $8.00 in Oregon and around $25.00 in Washington. (Quoting from memory on a Ham radio club.) Registering in WA would be an advantage if somebody wanted to do one in major city like Tacoma or Seattle, (as opposed to someplace like Scapoose OR)
    We need to set up a meeting in a Denny's to work some of this out.

>I tried to send you a detailed email to the PNW... addy but VISTA blocked it with some sort of error message.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARINGMAN View Post
    It looks like there is interest in getting together, but it's kind of hard without a formal organization. Pretty hard to get anyone to let us have space when they ask who wants it and we cant come up with a name.In the interest of getting this started, I have purchased the domain name PNWCNC.com, and am hosting the site. As of now there is nothing there until we can come up with an organization to use it. Please send replies and ideas to: [email protected].
    I know gears and already come and gone but is there still interest in forming a pacific NW CNC club?

-Levi

message sent

Hello Bearingman,
    I sent a message to the email address you listed and it appears it went through... if it didn't, let me know and I'll PM you here. There are 5 that I'm aware of in Whatcom county (and 3 others I know in the state) who'd be interested in a meeting...
    Thanks,
    Doug

I'm still interested in a meeting/swap meet. I'm a little bit North of Seattle.

provisional location for meeting in Whatcom County

Hello all-

I just registered on the site this morning. I teach Design Engineering at Bellingham High School (Whatcom County, WA) and could possibly provide space for meeting. Please post if you are interested and I will see what I can do.

paul

I recently took over the program at BHS and am currently on a steep learning curve...

Welcome
    I would be interested
    I love Bellingham always so nice to drive threw
    HAAS GR-408

If it was not summer time I would certainly be there, I will look for any excuse to head up to Northern Washington!
    BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon

CNCNW

I vote for any place east of the Cascades, I try to stay away from the Left side of the state.
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

Page 3 of 5 12345