588,061 active members*
5,386 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Peck Cycles and Simulate

Wink Peck Cycles and Simulate

HELP!!!!
    I'm using version 21.5.2 and trying to cut a simple part for a power drawbar. I need to peck drill 4 holes of 1 size and 2 holes of another. I then cut the profile of 3 more holes and the part od. When I try to simulate, the peck portion of the cycle doesn't show!!! Any idea why???
    Also, using mach 3 (sorry forgot to mention), the only way I can do a tool change is to stop the cycle and restart. Is there a better way???
    So much to learn!
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Update!!!! Peck Cycles Don't work Either. What's up????

Well, the darned thing will only not simulate but it will not cut either. The program positioned the x,y but did not lower the Z. What is with this. I would think will all that are useing Mach, this would already have been addressed!!!
    HELP.
    Me
    billyjack

Anyone??? Toby, you out there???
    Bill
    billyjack

canned cycles dont work in the simulater from what i now.

I called tech support about this recently and was told that the drill cycles won't simulate properly. The code generated works fine for me with Mach 3, but it would be nice to test it virtually first.

Steve

Steve;
    What version of mach are you using. I tried the peck drill cycle yesterday and it did not work. I had to revert to spot drill and it worked fine. Maybe I programmed it wrong or something but I've heard of troubles with the peck drill cycle before.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill
    Merry Christmas
    billyjack

Bill,

I'm using 20.5 - and I've only tried G81 Spot Drill. Not sure about Peck Drill, but I can give it a try when I get home after the holidays. I called support for another issue, and only asked about the drill simulation because it wasn't working for me.

Steve

Thanks Steve;
    I found the problem which was my lack of knowledge of Bobcad. I tried setting up more than 6 tools in the settings menu and blew it. I corrected my mistakes (plural) and the peck drill function is working fine!! Guess I've still have a lot to learn!
    Happy Holidays.
    Bill
    billyjack