I have a 1998 Torq-cut 22. For years I used this machine and never needed to replace a carousel tool holder finger segment until I lost CMOS settings a few months ago when the correct tool change height parameter was lost.

I fixed that problem and re-calibrated the tool change Z height so every thing was working properly until about the last month or so when it began breaking tool fingers at a rate of 1 per week. I continually check tool change height and it looks fine to me.

Is this recent string of breakage due to embrittlment of the plastic from old age or heat cold cycles in the shop? (The temp range in my shop year round is from 41F - 130F)

Or, am I not setting tool change height correctly?

I have the Z height set so that the carousel tool fingers will actuate to the right and engage the CAT-40 tool holder slot in such a way that the tool fingers will be very slightly distorted upwards. Then, when the tool is released from the spindle, the tool fingers will be very slightly distorted downwards until the spindle pulls away. Once the spindle pulls away, the fingers are parallel and sitting normally. Is this correct? It seems like that is a happy medium between distorting the fingers up and down equally during the tool change cycle.