587,173 active members*
3,721 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > PLEASE HELP!! Serial connection to pc from 950 control

PLEASE HELP!! Serial connection to pc from 950 control

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I have used this site a few times in the past and have gained some very valuable information from these forums. This time however I am at a loss. We have an old 950 Cincinnati control. The floppy drive is much too unreliable and we constantly have trouble with it, so in an effort to streamline and enhanced our process, we would like to be able to load programs from a pc directly to the control. Out machine has the "Dataline" option, its labeled as "rs-491" witch is apparently a protocol that google returns with about one search result and article that briefly mentions the protocol.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know the damn pinout on a DSUB-37?1?!? Im trying to go from the dsub-37 to 9 pin on the pc. After many hours of frustration im turning to CNC zone in an effort to maybe find somone that knows what the F*$# they are doing. Any help or a push in theright direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    -Magnet

PM me your email and I can send you a pinout. I have it as a .jpg and I'm too lazy to type it out.