588,127 active members*
5,176 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Pocketing and tool sizes

Pocketing and tool sizes

Hello, I am a first time poster to this forum but I have been using Bobcad lightly at work for about a year. I'm wanting to get much more in depth with it now that I finished building my first router. My problem is when pocket milling with islands, I want to use a large tool to take out the larger areas then come back with a small tool for the details. Is their an easy way to do this with Bobcad? I am using V18.

Thanks,

Joe

When you set up to cut your pocket with islands you need to perform a roughing and a finishing pass. The roughing pass will have an offset for the tool diameter which you choose. The roughing will be at the tool radius + the offset. The finishing pass you generate can be set to a different endmill size ( and you do not want an offset).
    I would recommend not generating the roughing and finishing paths at the same time. I would generate the roughing pass. Change the color of the layer and generate the finishing pass. This way both of the paths are different colors and you can leave them in the layer.

mc_n_g