587,465 active members*
2,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Post 4 Haas VF-6

Question Post 4 Haas VF-6

Lookin for .cgd file that I could modify that is set up for the haas controler
    similar to the one posted for the mini-mill.
    I tried some from scratch but just to many terms I don't know what to fill in the blanks with?

Thanx

Something that does'nt code out sub routines, most of our parts really don't utilize them, and the people on the shopfloor are not familar with them. Then ya gotta have them in the controllers memory and make sure they are the right ones for that part. Even though they are posted incrementally from the main program #. Just more than what we need to take advantage of, the simpler the better!!! Most of our programs are so short the repeat hole location in subs doesn't make the parts any faster anyway just minimal length of program. Not a major gain thats worth the hassle!

Thanks

Do you have the .cgd for the post your using now? You should be able to open it in the Code Wizard and turn off Subs. That way everything else in your post you know is proven and OK.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Got it!!!
    Either I didn't back out far enough after recompiling code and saving and then reselecting post and then posting, cause now I got it to work without subs!!!

I closed everything down and went home, came in next day and I got what I needed
    LOTTSA COFFE, LOL

restarted Edgecam and posted to my hearts content!!!

sometimes it better to walk away and start fresh!!! LOL