588,147 active members*
6,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PTC Pro/Manufacture > Pro NC books or tutorials

Pro NC books or tutorials

Hi all, I am new here I am a mechanical engineering student just learning PRO/E. I am/ was a machinist for 8 years before going back to school. I am very interest in learning how to use Pro NC but can find little about it on the Internet and nothing about it in my wildfire book. I have some very complicated parts that I want to model in Pro/e and generate tool paths.

Thanks for any help
    Brian

Pro/NC

hey Brian,

good choice on Pro/NC. I have worked with tons of CAD/CAM systems... probably Pro/NC has offered the most. You can create virtually any toolpath in it.

My recomendation is PTC training. ptc.com\learning
    You need to be on maintanance.

Or if your school is using Pro/e as part of the University site License, your professors have access to all factory training manuals and training files. ( unfortunately most of them have no clue they have access to all this at all )

These manuals are the best they are very detailed and will make Pro/NC a breeze.

tutorials

I bought the nc tutorial from proetutorials.com and while it is complete, it is pretty basic. I have been using Pro/manufacturing for about 5-6 years and I didnt learn anything new of substance from these works.

Proe has tutorials of the same calibre on thier website for free but you need a maintenance contract to see them.

Another alternate is to buy one of the books on Pro/e or pro/nc from amazon. There are a couple there for wildfire and 2001i on pro/nc. Just brouse under books.

Good luck. It's worth learning. I use it daily in my machine shop with very good results.

I am a new user of ProENGINEER and I have to use also the Pro/NC modul. Unfortunately in Bulgaria, where I am working, this product is not very common and there are not so many training materials or tutorials available. Accidentally I have found the Pro/NC tutorial from www.proetutorials.com and I bought it. It is the best tutorial I have ever seen and for someone, who has to use this software and has no experience with it, it is a GREAT help. My advice is, if you can, buy it. It is a good investment.