587,172 active members*
3,026 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with SRO% in MACH3

I am a CNC Newbie and I have a X6 1500GT and am using a licensed copy of MACH3.
    I got it setup all ok, but the one small problem I can't find any clues for is when I click on the plus arrow to increase spindle speed, the display increases, but the actual spindle speed decreases, and vise versa.
    I've googled until my eyes bled, but I can't find anyone with a similar problem or a solution.

If I was using a Printer port I would suspect that I had two pins configured,arse about, but I'm not....

I've asked 'Lance' but his written English is so poor he doesn't understand my question and I don't understand his answers.....

It *seems* to me to be a Mach3 configuration problem but I can't see anything that might fix it. I followed the setup guide and everything else is working.
    There's only 3 wires going to the VFD from the USB Motion card, a 0 to 10V signal to change the speed (I assume) a ground and a direction signal for the motor, so the voltage much ramp up and down. ( haven't measured it, but it must do.... )

Has anybody had this problem? Can you tell me how to fix it?...

Re: Problem with SRO% in MACH3

I found the problem. I guessed something, when I was configuring it and it turns out, I was wrong.....

Assumed that as well as the Spindle being 'enabled' by ticking it, I had to 'tick the 'Dir Low' and the 'Step Lo' boxes as well.( the same as the axis... )
    I thought the info balloons were obscuring the ticks....
    I de-activated the two right side boxes but left the spindle enabled and it all works fine.

Attachment 243522