588,565 active members*
5,026 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > Problems with Signal Generator A501

Problems with Signal Generator A501

Hi All.

I have big problem with the signal generator when we turn on the machine (computer, Signal Generator, AVHC) and run Torchmate 3 we can´t put in online mode, because the signal generator don´t return the signal to the computer.

I tried in other computer with other cable, the computer detect the SG then I install the drivers but as like the other computer the signal generator don´t returns the signal and we can´t put in online mode.

Can you help me

Thanks.

If you turn the signal generator off, and then back on, what do the sequence of the 1 2 3 4 lights do? The proper sequence is for them to turn on and off in sequence from 1 to 4. If the lights instead turn all on and stay on, or all on and then immediately off, then the firmware in the signal generator would need to be re-flashed.

Depending on what version of Torchmate 3 you are running, we may be able to update it to the latest version (3.0.19) and see if the firmware update will reset the signal generator. If it doesn't, the unit will need to be sent back to reprogram the firmware.

-Mike
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Torchmate View Post
    If you turn the signal generator off, and then back on, what do the sequence of the 1 2 3 4 lights do? The proper sequence is for them to turn on and off in sequence from 1 to 4. If the lights instead turn all on and stay on, or all on and then immediately off, then the firmware in the signal generator would need to be re-flashed.

Depending on what version of Torchmate 3 you are running, we may be able to update it to the latest version (3.0.19) and see if the firmware update will reset the signal generator. If it doesn't, the unit will need to be sent back to reprogram the firmware.

-Mike
    Thanks Mike:

I talked with some people in Torchmate and we sent the signal generator to be re-flashed.

How can we avoid having the signal generator to be re-flashed?, we are in southamerica and it´s a problem in sending back to USA.

The typical cause of signal generator firmware being lost is due to the power being removed, or voltage dropped, when the signal generator is turned on. We recommend all of the electronics be on a UPS battery backup with surge protection, and that you turn the signal generator off with the power switch when not in use.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST