588,259 active members*
4,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Program storage BB0:

Program storage BB0:

I'm currently storing a bunch of parts programs in BB0: (OSP 5020)

I'd like to back them up to a laptop, I have some backed up, but would like them all.

Is there a way to punch all BB0: programs to the laptop? I could use a text editor and separate them out if need be.

Thanks....Dan

This should work

Punch (softkey) BB0: *.min

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    This should work

Punch (softkey) BB0: *.min
    I think I tried that...didn't work. But will try again and post the error message.

Pretty certain you will have to punch out each program one after the other on this control.
    I have never been able to punch multiple programs from the older controls in one hit.
    But please do post any alarms/error messages you get, these may point to a solution.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Check your machine to see if it has the MULTI-PIP key. (you may have to use the EXTEND key a few times) I think it will and if it does, you can use MULTI-PUNCH to punch out all of the programs at once as one long string separated with % signs.

If you use the MULTI-READ, you can pull the same string back in and the control will automatically split them into individual programs as it reads them back in.

I use it to store the ABC.MIN, ABC.SDF, and ABC.TOP files as one "archive" file on the server (used for setup) and then download all 3 programs at once the next time you need to run the job. One file to upload and download, but 3 separate ones after arrival at the machine.

I requested Okuma add this feature back into the E-and P-series, but they didn't seem to think it was useful enough. Rats! That's what they thought about removing the RS-232 port on the machines too, but when you have a shop full of machines networked using RS-232, you can't change over 20 old machines to USB or Ethernet, so they put the ports back on them to make them "fit in" with the rest of the crowd.

Win some - lose some I guess!

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    But please do post any alarms/error messages you get, these may point to a solution.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    2152 File name error

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Check your machine to see if it has the MULTI-PIP key. (you may have to use the EXTEND key a few times) I think it will and if it does,

Best regards,
    I went to the Edit screen, tapped the extend key a few times, never saw a Multi-pip key appear.

Has anybody ever tried to integrate some sort of wireless com on these controls?

Like a rs-232 interface to wireless? Would be cool!

Wireless has been available for a few years now for RS232. I know Spectrum has them, so does refresh your memory among others.