587,997 active members*
1,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Purcahsing BobCad from an end user

Purcahsing BobCad from an end user

What is involved in purchasing a seat of Bobcad from an end user? Is the license transferable? If so what is required to transfer the license?

You'll need to call BobCAD to get that information. I'd get it in writing, too.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by questcars View Post
    What is involved in purchasing a seat of Bobcad from an end user? Is the license transferable? If so what is required to transfer the license?
    What ger21 said and the fee I believe is like $40. You will have to send the Dongle if V22 and they will return it with your name in the License Key.

If it is a previous version I think it will have to be deauthorized on one PC then reauthorized on the new PC.

Cheers!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

The transfer fee is $75 and expect to get passed around from person to person a lot when they find out that your not buying a new copy from them.

I called BobCAD about this before buying a "used" copy. Now that I have bought a copy of Ver.20 off of eBay, they don't really want to talk to me until the PO calls them and deauthorizes it.

Yesterday I ask a tech about this. He made it sound like it was no big deal. He said to call and tell them who the new owner is. He never mentioned a transfer fee.

Rob in Ohio

BobCAD Brian Guest

Transfer Fee

If you need to transfer ownership all you need to do is call the front desk, let them know, and they will transfer you to Customer Service and it will be taken care of. It's not a big deal at all. You can call me direct if you would like to and I will set you up.

Thank you!
    Brian Oliver Ext 132