587,996 active members*
5,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Question about Artsign JSM40 and rubber stamps

Hi all.

I'm looking at buying a Artsign JMS40 laser machine.. does anyone here have one or know about them? I have some questions that I'd like answered before I buy and thought this would be a good place to start since you're all users here.

1. how deep will this machine cut my rubber?

2. Can I use other 40W laser tubes with this machine other than what the company sells? (can I buy them locally)

3. What are the Reflective & Focal Lens' used for and how long do they last?

4. What kind of detail can I get from a laser cutter?

Here's one of my designs I will be cutting:

any advise is much appreciated.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by queenkat View Post
    Hi all.

I'm looking at buying a Artsign JMS40 laser machine.. does anyone here have one or know about them? I have some questions that I'd like answered before I buy and thought this would be a good place to start since you're all users here.

2. Can I use other 40W laser tubes with this machine other than what the company sells? (can I buy them locally)

thanks
    I think the correct model is JSM 40, not JMS 40. I have this machine and I am satisfacted with it. When my machine arrived, after a long trip from China to USA and from USA to Brazil, I need to do some fix with missed screws. Sorry not help you a lot, because my english is very limited. I just engraver, not tried to cut yet. Engraver function is good . Do a search here in CNC and in Google for Artsign JSM 40 and you will find a lot of information. The machine use Newlydraw software, so read the link http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41790 and the link http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100893 . If you want, I can use a translator software to send you more information.

1. Cut depth will depend on the type of rubber, if it is laser grade (more expensive but low odor) you can expect to cut 3mm easily and thicker with multi-pass.

2. Any 40W glass tubes from ebay or US sellers will work as a replacement. If you run at <=90% power and keep the temperature within spec there is no reason the tube won't last for years.

3. The mirrors (reflective) direct the laser beam from the tube to the head where the lens focuses the beam. They are not consumable items providing you keep them clean and don't damage them (accidentally).

4. Extremely small detail is possible even with these low cost machines, the beam spot size on mine is 150um (0.15mm or 0.006").

Zax.

Wellcome back Zax... Are you stayed in China again?

Yes - more travel.

I am working on a new Yb:YAG (Yitterbium) laser, much cheaper than Nd:YAG but with similar capability.

Zax.

Hello Zax,

are you making a lasermachine by yourself?

Pierke

Hi all.

thanks
    You can compare the technical parameter of the 40W laser tubes machine with JMS40 laser machine. For example http://www.yorklaser.com/k40_carving_stamp.html

If you want to purchase a laser tube, I suggest that you'd better buy it locally. Laser tube is fragile, not fit for long distance shipping. We had ever sent a laser tube to USA by air. It was broken when arrived.
    www.yorklaser.com
    [email protected]

Hello everyone:
    I bought a laser machine Artsign (JINAN ARTSIGN SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY LTD.) JSM3060U specifically with a 60W tube.

Without commenting on the machine and finish as received, the problem is that it has been running exactly 20 minutes. After 20 minutes has given me an error in the connection to the PC via the USB connection and now says "Unknown Device USB device error." Software NewlyDraw also gives me a port error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and software. I've done it again (installing from 0) from another PC and still gives the same problem. It seems as if the motherboard had worsened.

Does anyone know what can happen?

The worst thing of all, it took 4 days of writing these ArtSign emails unanswered. I call on the phone and hang me or not automatically pick up the call. For Skype or MSN no signs of life ...

The truth is that I am quite concerned. Can anyone help me?.

Thank you all in advance
    Greetings from Spain

Hello,

I think there were holidays/festivals in China these days, maybe it explains their lack of answer ?

if not, ARTSIGN should be marked in red and avoided by future buyers.

Your laser machine model seems to be quite generic, so you should be able to determine where it comes from with the help of others with the same machine...

Good luck.

There is no Eastern in China Just another usual situation, money in pocket, equipment is delivered, and typical answer is "You ask low price, you have got it and service support is extra"

Quote Originally Posted by cncspain View Post
    Hello everyone:
    I bought a laser machine Artsign (JINAN ARTSIGN SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY LTD.) JSM3060U specifically with a 60W tube.

Without commenting on the machine and finish as received, the problem is that it has been running exactly 20 minutes. After 20 minutes has given me an error in the connection to the PC via the USB connection and now says "Unknown Device USB device error." Software NewlyDraw also gives me a port error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and software. I've done it again (installing from 0) from another PC and still gives the same problem. It seems as if the motherboard had worsened.

Does anyone know what can happen?

The worst thing of all, it took 4 days of writing these ArtSign emails unanswered. I call on the phone and hang me or not automatically pick up the call. For Skype or MSN no signs of life ...

The truth is that I am quite concerned. Can anyone help me?.

Thank you all in advance
    Greetings from Spain
    If you had installed the software in the right ways and the software setting was accurate, the problem might be on the motherboard. Just call the supplier for help. Chinese have finished the holiday and begin to work now.
    www.yorklaser.com
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    There is no Eastern in China Just another usual situation, money in pocket, equipment is delivered, and typical answer is "You ask low price, you have got it and service support is extra"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qingming_Festival

Sorry this festival is not so well known