588,534 active members*
8,481 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question on Artsign jsm-40

I recently picked up the Artsign jsm-40.

It seems to be a nice laser machine.
    I have mostly figured out Newlydraw1 and have it cutting and engraving after to re-aligning the mirrors.

I have a questions regarding some of the knobs and settings for those that have been using the machine for longer time.

1. The power knob (little gray knob used to adjust the power) should it make a circle (full turn) 10 times? The power does scale up but wondered if the 10 turns is normal (using it as 10% power for each turn currently.)

2. Does the ampere meter ever go higher than 20 mA? With the power knob turned all the way up?

3. Does anyone have suggestions for the speed and power settings in NewlyDraw1 for different materials? I know I can get most things by setting speed to 1 and power to max.

4. Mine came with some suggested settings in several sheets of paper. The sheets also included common troubleshooting things to check. It has suggestions for material and then speed, power, and step settings. The speed is in mm/sec (newlydraw1 has cm/sec) and for power they have settings from 1 - 12. Any idea what the power is referencing? Also where can step be adjusted?

Starwind,

I've had one of these for a while, it's a great little machine for engraving.

1. Yes the power knob makes 10 rotations, and it is linear so you can assume each turn is 10% of the power (which is more like 30-35W total)

2. No - the meter is not really much use. It indicates you have power but that's about it.

3. I would recommend against using 100% power as the tube won't last long. If you are cutting, then yes a speed of 1 is most likely correct. If you can't cut at ~80% then just use 2-passes at 50% or whatever is required.

4. It sounds like a generic list. You would have to determine a correlation between their power number and your 'turns' on the power knob. Step is named 'Line Gap' and found in the General tab of Properties. It is only applicable to engraving (or 'Scan' in Chinglish).

Zax.

Quote Originally Posted by starwind View Post
    I recently picked up the Artsign jsm-40.

It seems to be a nice laser machine.
    I have mostly figured out Newlydraw1 and have it cutting and engraving after to re-aligning the mirrors.

I have a questions regarding some of the knobs and settings for those that have been using the machine for longer time.

1. The power knob (little gray knob used to adjust the power) should it make a circle (full turn) 10 times? The power does scale up but wondered if the 10 turns is normal (using it as 10% power for each turn currently.)

2. Does the ampere meter ever go higher than 20 mA? With the power knob turned all the way up?

3. Does anyone have suggestions for the speed and power settings in NewlyDraw1 for different materials? I know I can get most things by setting speed to 1 and power to max.

4. Mine came with some suggested settings in several sheets of paper. The sheets also included common troubleshooting things to check. It has suggestions for material and then speed, power, and step settings. The speed is in mm/sec (newlydraw1 has cm/sec) and for power they have settings from 1 - 12. Any idea what the power is referencing? Also where can step be adjusted?

Thank you very much.