588,653 active members*
6,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile random fanuc om questions

I had another post asking about the extended edit function to get brackets and parenthesis. What parameter controls the maximum spindle speed?-my book says this particular machine should have 4000 rpm but it only goes up to about 2100 (it will program higher but spindle does not increase in speed) How come when you change your G54 it doesnt update until you mdi x/y? What about G95? G68? and G66? are these all optional features you have to pay fanuc $$$$ for? The machine is a litlle Johnsford bridgeport style mill 40 taper no tool changer or anything- you can change the gearing on the side of the head manually like a regular bridge port for more torque but then you have to program 10 times the rpm you actually want i.e. s600=s60. any advice on this little machine and the fanuc OM would be helpful-I've ran a pro3 fanuc on a makino before but this is different. For subprograms do I have this right: M98P211001 -this calls program O1001 and loops 21 times? my old fanuc was M98P1001L21 but that didn't work on this control. thanks alot andy

Canned cycle 900 bit 0=1?
    The spindle may have been limited due to mechanical constraints.
    The system in this case does not know you have changed gear so it cannot update the gear ratio automatically.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by andys2006 View Post
    How come when you change your G54 it doesnt update until you mdi x/y?
    Not sure about OM, but on OiM parameter 1201 bit 5 set whether G54 updates display immediately or when next block is buffered.

Al The Man may know what parameter it is on OM control.

regards, Oz