588,219 active members*
4,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Recommendation for Cheap CNC-router solution

Recommendation for Cheap CNC-router solution

I am completely new to CNC routers, thus I need your help.

At my work place we do have old fashioned milling and lathe machines but now we need something automatic and which can work in at-least 3-axis (e.g, aircraft wing mold making). We are operating a small company, in which we make relatively small scale composite structures for aircrafts.

Normally all the plugs are made by hot wire foam core cutting and balsa or fiber glass covering (purely hobby technique). This process is not accurate and we need a router preferably around the size of 10*4*3 ft for this job.

Being a small private firm we cannot afford high-end expensive machines, thus I need your help. Please recommend me any cheaper commercial machines (e.g, from Chinese manufacturers) or reliable home built machines for this job.

Thanks in advance.

Hello ,
    Nice to see your post here.And this is shanny from China.

For your description,we think you need a machine working size at about 3000mm*1200mm,right?And if CNC router machine,nice to tell you we can manufacture the machine for you,as you need,with a cheap price,mean your time can do the work you need.

For more information,you are welcome to visit our website:
    JCUT Cnc Router,Cutting Plotter,Laser Cutting Machine,Laser Engraving Machine

you are welcome to send me mails,then we can talk more about your materials and work,so we can recomend you the right machine,my email is [email protected], yahoo ID is shanny1125,if you like,we can chat on line too.

Regards.
    Shanny

Quote Originally Posted by asli_khan View Post

Being a small private firm we cannot afford high-end expensive machines, thus I need your help. Please recommend me any cheaper commercial machines (e.g, from Chinese manufacturers) or reliable home built machines for this job.
    Now you did it. They will be popping up right and left to sell you their wares. They will woo you on the front end of the purchase and call you daily. They will appear knowledgeable and reliable. The KEY word here is "appear."

To cover your butt and make sure you won't be crying after the check clears and you don't get the time of day let alone a call back over concerns and or problems when the machine arrives, MAKE them give you a few names of SATISFIED customers you CAN talk to. if they refuse this simple request, RUN AWAY FROM THE SELLER.

Most complaints about Chinese suppliers are that they don't make good marriages and ignore and abuse you after you wed. Ask yourself if you can afford to pay out the large coin and then be left holding the bag as your phone calls and emails post sale are left unanswered. Do you have the knowledge and expertise to rebuild the machine from the ground up all on your own? You're going to need it.

So, as all these fly by night businesses answer your post with their heavenly claims, use some common sense and caution. Demand to talk with satisfied customers. Actually fly to China and see what kind of place is going to build your machine. If this all sounds like a pure pain, trust me, the pain will be MUCH MUCH worse if you don't.

You might want to try looking at the threads in the "Wire Foam Cutter Machine" section here on the Zone, and maybe posting this in there also:

CNC Wire Foam Cutter Machines LINK