587,665 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Remastering a Conquest GT27sp

Remastering a Conquest GT27sp

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,
    I had my GT27SP off for a week or so and I need to zero return my machine in both X and Z axis's.My battery went dead,and I have absolute encoders. I have done this before on my conquest 42 and the repair manual for the GT only covers this in the switch replacement part and wants me to adjust in the 1850 parameter.Any body know the proper procedure for doing like to move it within .100 of home and hit zero return?Thank you for your time.
    Joe

Abs home set-up

Hope this helps you put.

1.) Set parameter write enable to "on"
    2.) Look at parameter 1250 for inch home positions of machine and keep that value in mind for later.
    3.) Pick a axis

X-axis is basically located that the back of the top plate is 3 inches from center of spindle. So you'll need a piece of stock in spindle a flat piece of stock and a "jo-block" Mount stock in spindle and divide the O.D. by 2. then get a slip fit between the flat stock (placed flush on back of top plate) and "jo-block" Add the "jo-block" length plues half of the stock's O.D. Then use the reletive position register and input that value there. Once thats complete jog x axis to the home position (1250 value). USE RELETIVE POSITION REGISTER NOT MACHINE POSITION FOR THIS!!! once axis is there go to parameter 1815 and change bit 4 "APZ" for "X" to a 1. Then cycle control power.... Complete

Z-axis is the same procedure but its position is from the face of the spindle (not collet) to the face of the top plate. Once again use a "jo-block" again and get a slip fit. once thats achieved, put that value of the block in the reletive position and use that register to jog z to the home position. Then the rest is history..... Hope that helps you, GOOD LUCK!

Thank you

All is well the information worked just fine

Thanx
    Joe