588,084 active members*
4,914 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Renishaw variable change? How to

Renishaw variable change? How to

How exactly I can change Renishaw variables? I have HAAS with renishaw measuring probe. So i need to change for example this #562 back off distance, but how do I do it? Do i write it to MDI some how, or is it in parameters or somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by cncJ View Post
    How exactly I can change Renishaw variables? I have HAAS with renishaw measuring probe. So i need to change for example this #562 back off distance, but how do I do it? Do i write it to MDI some how, or is it in parameters or somewhere?
    Look in Program 9724...

#[ #161 + 6 ]= 0.2

Where:
    #161= 556 (START CALIBRATION VARIABLE)

This value (0.2) is NOT an absolute distance but a factor - a smaller factor reduces the back-off distance.

I would strongly suggest NOT changing the base variable from 556 as you may conflict with the tool setter variables!!!
    If you intend to fix the factor, it is probably best to recalibrate also just in case. (though metrology wise the back-off shouldn't affect performance)

I`ve changet #556 to 0.05 half year ago , and I am more happy than before , faster cycles and never had any collision.

Current and commands -> few times PG DN ( until macro variables ) -> few times arrow DOWN ( until see the #556 ) and type your value.

Peter

Don't use #500 series variables

After reinstalling the renishaw software about 4 times we decided to change all our progams with #500 series variables to #600 series and have had no more problems. Thank goodness for "search & replace"
    I am amazed the the probing software doesn't protect the varianles they use.
    Love our probes!!