Kenneth (David) Potts
611 S High St. Trenton TN 38382
Tel: 731-855-1911
Cell: 530-370-1775
Email [email protected]

C.N.C. Machinist

· Consistently produce high precision parts from various raw materials including but not limited to stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, Phenolic, and delrin
· Completed training in lean manufacturing,6s, ISO, and Kaizen.
· Proven abilities in a wide range of technical skills, including:

Program Prove outs/editing
Print reading
Fixturing
G code

Inspection-CMM, Optical comparator various gages and measuring equipment
Conventional machining
Prototyping
EXPERIENCE

Norfield Industries Inc. Chico CA
3/06-2/07
CNC Machinist
I operated and set up C.N.C. mills Mazak (Mazatrol Control), Akira-Seiki (Mitsubishi Control), and Fadal, as well as Tree, and Mazak C.N.C lathes. I mostly run production, but occasionally assisted engineering with program prove outs.
Planned and implemented alterations to ensure safety, to improve operator ergonomics, and to increase machine productivity.
Spectra-Physics Lasers Oroville, CA
9/00-12/05
CNC Vertical Machinist/Supervisor
I operated and set up C.N.C. mills Matsuura VM600, 800, and RAIIIF pallet machines producing precision machined laser parts, ensuring overall quality and esthetics of the parts produced. I have been a shift supervisor when an extra shift was needed supervising four other machinists assisting them with set up and troubleshooting issues. The engineering department utilized my ingenuity to develop fixtures for new and existing parts as well as program editing and trouble shooting skills to prove out and develop new product lines.
Royalguard Vinyl Newbern, TN
5/00-8/00
Extruder operator
I set up and operated vinyl extruders. I was responsible for the overall
quality and inspection of the product. I supervised the packaging process as well

Owens precision Machining
1/00-5/00
CNC Mill Operator
I operated and set up Kitamuura, Kia, and Haas C.N.C. mills. I was responsible for producing precision machined parts. I was responsible for the overall quality and esthetics of
the parts produced.

R.J. Foster Precision Machining
1/99-12/99
CNC Machinist/Supervisor
I operated and set up Haas C.N.C. mills and Okuma lathes. I was responsible for producing
precision machined parts. I was responsible for the overall quality and esthetics of the parts produced I worked my way up to a shift supervisor over three other machinists.

Royalguard Vinyl Newbern, TN
9/97-12/98
Extruder operator
I set up and operated vinyl extruders. I was responsible for the overall
quality and inspection of the product. I supervised the packaging process as well.

Northstate Precision Machining ,Oroville CA
7/96-9/97
CNC Operator
I operated and set up C.N.C. mills and lathes. I was responsible for
producing precision machined parts. I was responsible for the overall
quality and esthetics of the parts produced.

Dyersburg Fabrics
1/93-7/96
Quality Inspector
I was a quality inspector. I inspected rolls of fabric for defects, and
entered results it to the inventory system via computer.

EDUCATION

Oroville High School, Oroville CA
Successfully completed required classes to graduate.
Western NV Community college, Carson city NV
Completed Machine shop one, and practice lab