587,997 active members*
1,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Request DNC feature

Scott

Here is the scenario that happens many times a day.

1) I am at the PC using NCPlot to make a small modification to the code and I need to upload it to the Mori Seiki lathe.

2) I walk over to my Mori and tell it to receive the program.

3) I walk back to the PC and tell it to send.

4) I walk back to the Mori and run it.

Here is my wish, that the DNC send function in NCPlot could have a 30 sec delay feature. That way at the PC I tell NCPlot to send in 30 sec and walk go over to mori and tell it to receive! No more walking and waiting.

Cheers
    SF

The latest version of NCPlot has a new transmit option called "Wait for XON". The idea behind this is that you can start the transmit but NCPlot will wait for the control to give the XON signal before actually sending the program. Then, when you tell the control to start receiving it sends out the XON to signal that it's ready to receive. If this doesn't work for you for some reason, it may be a setting on the control that needs to be changed.

Thanks,
    Scott

It does not work for me.

What setting on my Mori FANUC should I look at?

My Mori has never been able to send to my PC. It does not matter to me because I always make my gcode changes on the PC and upload them to the Mori. Maybe these two things are connected. It will only transmit to the Mori if I have NCPlot set to transmit-handshaking-None. And yes I switched it to the other two choices of software and hardware when I tested the new feature.

I'm not familiar with the Fanuc, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. I do know that if the control will not transmit back to the PC then the software handshaking will not work right. I'll go ahead and add this to the list. I'm not sure how many people will ever need this, but it would be nice to have if you do.

Scott