587,443 active members*
3,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Reverse spindle direction for angle head.
Page 2 of 2 12
    What about manual programming the thread? Is this possible? And how would it look like?
    Macro?

Don't know if this helps, but we had the same problem with radial tapping on an Okuma LB25 lathe. Fortunately, the control has a turret parameter screen which controls the direction of the live tools.

Radial tooling is geared to run opposite of the live tooling spindle. So, to have the tool run clockwise, the live spindle must run counter-clockwise. The least significant bit of the turret parameter byte must be set to "1" for this to happen.

With the bit set, an M13 (live tool clockwise command) actually causes the live spindle to run counter-clockwise, and the radial tool runs clockwise.

You won't believe how many drills have been destroyed by operators that forgot to clear the bit when switching to a straight (axial) holder
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Don't know if this helps, but we had the same problem with radial tapping on an Okuma LB25 lathe. Fortunately, the control has a turret parameter screen which controls the direction of the live tools.

Radial tooling is geared to run opposite of the live tooling spindle. So, to have the tool run clockwise, the live spindle must run counter-clockwise. The least significant bit of the turret parameter byte must be set to "1" for this to happen.

With the bit set, an M13 (live tool clockwise command) actually causes the live spindle to run counter-clockwise, and the radial tool runs clockwise.

You won't believe how many drills have been destroyed by operators that forgot to clear the bit when switching to a straight (axial) holder
    Know the problem Had this on a mori lathe, this one doesn't have this option.
    What i was thinking was to take a look at the G88 macro, maybe copy it and create my own where spindle go M04 in and M03 out.
    For some reason i can't access the O9000 programs, i have done it exactly like manual says, parameter write = 1 3202 bit 4 = 0.
    I still can't see the programs in my list.
    Missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by ProToZyKo View Post
    Know the problem Had this on a mori lathe, this one doesn't have this option.
    What i was thinking was to take a look at the G88 macro, maybe copy it and create my own where spindle go M04 in and M03 out.
    For some reason i can't access the O9000 programs, i have done it exactly like manual says, parameter write = 1 3202 bit 4 = 0.
    I still can't see the programs in my list.
    Missing something?
    Check if 3202 bit 0 is set to 1. This will inhibit the 8000 programs; some machine builders put these Macros in the 8000 series program number space.

Regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Check if 3202 bit 0 is set to 1. This will inhibit the 8000 programs; some machine builders put these Macros in the 8000 series program number space.

Regards,

Bill
    3202 bit 0 has been tested with 1 and 0, no luck.

3202.0 is for the 8000 range. You asked for the 9000 range programs. This is 3202.4

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    3202.0 is for the 8000 range. You asked for the 9000 range programs. This is 3202.4

Stevo
    Im guessing that it aint possible to see the cycle programs, when running a cycle i can see that some O9000 program is running, but i can't see them in dir
    Guess i need to create my own tapping cycle from scratch then.

Check parameter 57 bit 6. it needs to be a 1 if it is 0 can cycles are only in the Z axis.( "The drilling axis in a fixed cycle is the axis selected by a program" ) Then you need to use G17,G18, or G19 for what plane that you want to tap. Have had to do a few machines to use right angle head attachments.
    Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 12