588,184 active members*
4,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ - Computer Fan Grill

I am looking for someone to make two diffrent sized grills. 0ne for a 120mm fan the other for an 80mm fan. Currently I only have dimensions for the 120mm fan. I have some autocad drawlings but I'm not very good with CAD and dont know if they will work. There will be some design work needed to complete this job. Just guessing but it will probally be easier to do this job if you have a laser or router table

Grill will be make out of somthing like 1/10" thick aluminum. As far as the type of aluminum I would like something that can have a polished finish. I dont really need a specific type.

Ill try to attach some CAD files and JPG's.

The image I want set inside the grill is file name: 2.1. I have some Correl and Photoshop images also but I currently do not have those programs installled. So I cant see whats what. If you want those please let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.1.jpg   fangrill mandalor2.jpg   fangrill2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

No takers?

If you don't get a positive response soon, I can probably help you out - both with the DWGS and the cutting. No - I do not have a laser but I am in with a shop that does. I think laser would be the way to go to get the detail out of the corners. A small diameter router would do it, too but I'd rather just laser cut it.

Are you just looking for one of each?

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

I only need one of each but I'll probally want 2 of the 120mm and either 2 or 4 of the 80mm for future use.

Still no takers, huh?

Scott

Once you get to the machine, the number really doesn't impact the price a tremendous amount. It adds - don't get me wrong, but that first part is the expensive one because of the time involved massaging the data.

Scott

Alright, I'll do it. It's 3am now, so I don't really have the time to work up a quote. In the morning I'll email you with the prices.
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

There we go!!!

Thanks for coming to the rescue, Mr. Fusion!

Your post is funny - - "Ok, darn it - you have twisted my arm and I am feeling the pressure. Take the gun from my head and I will make your parts."

:cheers:

Scott

Alright, I'm much more awake now. An email has been sent.

Haha, no problem, Scott. :cheers:

I'm bored tonight, so maybe I'll just cut these things without hearing from you. Worst case, I'll have a couple of cool fan covers for my own computer

120mm is done! I may have to make myself some of these things. Evil looking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skull.JPG  

That grill looks alsome cold fusion

Job Is Done!!!