587,218 active members*
2,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Right hten, now that iv got it installed, where to start...

Right hten, now that iv got it installed, where to start...

hi all,

In terms of CAD and automotive design, I know it inside out. In terms of CNC machining, in not a novice, but I cant go as far as to say that I can proficiently operate a 3 or 5 axis Vertical or horizontal machining station.

So, MY main goal for my profession (As I am in automotive/Formula 1 design) is to move into CADCAM systems. Got EdgeCAM now and its instaled and up and running, but where do I start?

Any tutorials, manuals or documentation anyone can refer me to?

Thanks

Super!!!

Anthing on 5 axis?

Ta

That's everything there is, if you find more please report back.

Edgecam has very little material available for learning, courses are probably your best bet.
    I don't do any 5-axis work, but i don't believe it's all that different from 3-axis in software, so if you master 3-axis you can probably figure out the rest from there.

The CD:s from tipsforcadcam.com were great, but they are not available on their webpage anymore. Maybe contact mike and ask him?, he is/used to be active on the forum.

Cheers Mikel12.

seeing as the forum shared its wealth of knowledge for edgeCAM, does anybody want my e-material on Autodesk products? See it as only fair...

Can't your company get you some official training?
    If they've invested money in buying a CAM system then they should pay to send you off on a training course, or better still get them to come to you and train on your parts.

were looking into it but weve got a dealdine to meet on a part and, its fallen on my doorstep to sort this out adn it seemed like an ideal opportunity.......

Fair enough, do you know if you've got a valid support contract with Edgecam?
    If so, explain what you want to the support guys and they'll help you out.

I dont even think weve got that as we purchased this from liquidated company... Good eh??

I just hope you got a good post to go with your machine, be careful when running it on the machine in shop.
    Also if you got edgecam from a liquidation didn't you get a server or a Cam station as well?
    In that case there should be some real world examples of edgecam programs on their harddrives somewhere. That should speed up learning.

We just got the program, the ca station and server wnt to a private bidder and the software was all split up and we got all that.

Am going to get into contact with EdgeCAM to see if I can get some sort of support contract or training as thsi is way more complicated than CAD systems.