587,143 active members*
3,695 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Robo form 400 help

we just purchased a 4 axis Robo form 400 1992. It is capable of a tool changer but not one on the machine. How dificult would it be to build or buy a used one. I am going to need training on this also. Anybody who could be a life line for help, the machine should be here in a week or so. Thanks in advance.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Helloooo, anybody out there? SOS machine is in house and I am almost done with the wireing.

you can put the 4 or 5 tool (i forgot) changer on that no problem. just plug it in
    and add air, then you must set up the software. if all goes well it sould take like 4 hours or so....

however the 2 larger tool changers will require an additional if mac board and
    different software.

good luck
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Would you know where I could pick one up at?

You wouldn't happen to know where I could pick one up at? Or even drawings to build one? I hope I hope.

no i sure don't know where one is at this time.

well i'm sure you could build one, it would have to mimick the original 3R system

you would be better off finding one out there somewhere.

get your machine up and running first bro......
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Roboform 400

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    we just purchased a 4 axis Robo form 400 1992. It is capable of a tool changer but not one on the machine. How dificult would it be to build or buy a used one. I am going to need training on this also. Anybody who could be a life line for help, the machine should be here in a week or so. Thanks in advance.
    Hello

I hope by now you have set up this machine ( roboform 400) Do you like this machine ? Does this has a floppy and RS232 ?

Surjit

I am sure the software and boards are here. I found out it use to have a tool changer carocel on it at one time. All the wire plugs are on the left side of the tank ready to plug and play. I found this out from the original sales man who sold it. The only thing I am waiting on is a transformer. 240 3 phase to 440 3 phase 18-20 kva. Anybody have one I am purchacing one today let me know asap if you have one, or a tool changer. Thanks guys.

Smile Roboform 400

Sir I have 2 roboform 20 with tools changer , most the time these machine run without trouble.
    I am sure you can find one transformer at your local surplus machinery store in your area.
    I am also in process to purchase a Roboform 400 , I want to know is this machine has a floppy drive in this ? how old machine you have and how long b4 you bought it.
    Surjit

jetski
    Your machine should have multi tap transformer in the control cab. and dielectric tank control that you may be able to change voltage to what you need, you may not need a 220-440 transformer, my Roboform 200 has taps for voltages from 204-480 according to the label on the Trasfor transformer in the bottom of the cabinet. I have a 240 to 380 transformer that I run on
    RK

Surjit, the roboform 400 came with 2 3.5 floppy dirves and an rs232 to cat 5. 128 amp burn capacity. I have purchaced a new transformer. You can switch it from 440 3 phase, but then you need to check each motor and switch the direction on them and switch the chiller from 440 to 240 and I just decided it was quicker and so on. So we bought the transformer. Should be here on Tuesday and wired. I bought the machine 2 weeks ago and it is a 1992 vintage.