587,125 active members*
3,431 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > router master space saver 52 4ftX10ft cnc machine year 2000
Page 2 of 4 1234

Re: router master space saver 52 4ftX10ft cnc machine year 2000

at axyz Canadian routermaker someone might can help you..

on cnczone also a few topic of this..
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/machin...ller-com2.html

some company also fix not in production controls...

PROGRAMMER - CAM TECH INDUSTRIES T1055 QTERM-II ROUTER MASTER PENDANT - Control System Laboratories

however it can be very expenses..
    if it doesn't work, possible cheaper a new control than finding all parts for..

in 2000 a vfd was unique yet, and very expenses.. today you can get one fo ra lot less cost, also lot more manufacturer makes..

well i hooked everything up and the monitor comes on and i can see all the controls on the monitor screen only, i could not find anywhere the elock off or on...the hand held held control only works on the router up, if i push the router down it still go up! but what was scary was all of the sudden i clicked the mouse by accident and the router went all the way up med speed then came crashing down hard ? everytime i open a program it says it can not....now remember i'm a dummy at this and just trying differant things so with that said, do i need to be online for this to work ?? so none of the screens show anything but the monitor, when i was holding the hand held and pushing up or down it would only go up, the slow,med and fast speeds work good but only up ? why would the router only go up pushing the down button ? hope its something easy...the good news is it works kinda ?? any thoughts on this. thanks

cam tech is axyz now.. have you called them if they have help?

when this machine was new it was a great deal..
    wondering why is not on the market today..

on another hand, fix can be very expenses... check on just simply changing the whole system (control) versus to trying to fix this..

I think the system might works without pendant too.. you also can try if it works .. little uncomfortable, but you might get it works..

I quite like as panels are standing, and chips falling without vac..

that symptom, you describe it might be the homing function.. however the two input, from the pendant and from keyboard mouse might messed up..

so it does not need to be online to work right ?

you know i got this machine thinking that making bigger signs is good, but mybe if i sold it and got a smaller one it might be better for me....i like this one though! just for grins, what is this worth you think ? Jim

what kinda price am i looking at for a new control system for this ? thanks

if i was to take the screws out of the hand held would i see something obvious that mybe needs to be re-soadered ? or is it something you can't see ? or if i'm careful, if i have the machine un-plugged and take each board and u-plug it and make sure its clean on the connections will that help ? because the guy i got this from seemed to be a really honest old guy and said it worked fine so i keep thinking that i am doing something wrong ?? but i don't want the router to go up again and come crashing down and screw something up....isn't there a place in northern ca that works on these ?? i feel kinda stuck, i don't know what this machine is worth as is, i don't know if its me and it works fine and a new control system seems to be exspensive.....thanks

4 options

1. call the guy you bought it from and ask him to troubleshoot it.
    2. put a local ad up for electronics or cnc repair help.
    3. start studying electronics troubleshooting and repair
    4. replace the control system

well...

I see less option..
    check if you can start it.. any expert going to his place that starts with 500...
    if they figure need part, or even replace something, that will be very costly

so.. if he cant figure on his own, then simplest is getting a whole control, he just hook on the motors and go..

something like this, mightbe a little stronger motors..
    4 Axis CNC Stepper Driver Control Box w/ Relay, Spindle control (KL-5056D-4 Aixs 48VDC ) | Automation Technology Inc

or a servo.. (?)
    4 Axis CNC Stepper Driver Control Box w/ Relay, Spindle control (KL-5056D-4 Aixs 48VDC ) | Automation Technology Inc

using the original setup, only worth if he can start it.. on his own without buying parts..
    to recover that system would cost more than a new one.. probably that was a great system, but any part need for then he can get only from original manufacturer..

please note that link I posted above.. they offer to fix the pendant itself for 1300..
    probably it worth... for someone..

on other hand he can buy a whole control for that , and no longer tied to a specific control..
    a wireless pendant at this time for mach3 cost 120-150 ................... a whole new one.. cheaper to buy a new than looking for fix..

I think you did not check the link...

that's a new York based company.. and I think the explanation fo rthe high price that this pendant might not same than later came on the market..

this pendant only a ""remote"" control for the machine..

it doesn't have own processor..

heres the link
    PROGRAMMER - CAM TECH INDUSTRIES T1055 QTERM-II ROUTER MASTER PENDANT - Control System Laboratories

and a screenshot abou the webpage..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new-2.jpg  

thanks for the replys, i left some messages from the links for a return call so i will see.....here is a dumb question, when i had the whole thing set up and had it turned on, on the monitor screen it came up with a user name operator and i did not know the PW so i called the guy with no return call so far...well i just clicked continue then the screen that came on was just like the hand held device and when i clicked on anything it did nothing ? ok here is the dumb question....i know my computer will not work w/o the pw entered, is this the possible problem with this machine because i had no pw to enter ? my kids always say to me learning alittle at a time is ok....now if i was taking appart a classic mustang down to the last nut and bolt or building a 2 story house thats easy!! but this computer stuff is mind games...

these are easy!!

When you power up the tower computer, can you find any software installed to control your machine? The "clunk" means it's getting power, which is good, but you need to be able to control it from your computer. If it came with that tower, there's likely something in there that acts as a CNC control, probably called "TCPWin". Try firing up that program once you find it, and see if you can get it to move from keyboard controls, or if your pendant lights up.

If you don't have any luck with that, consider installing Mach3 or LinuxCNC, probably in a newer desktop (laptops aren't recommended for this sort of thing.) and getting your drivers hooked up to it. According to this thread here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/machin...-software.html CamTech seems to have gone under, and the options for getting this running with its original gear seem more expensive than they're worth. For what that person spent, you can get a new driver box, computer, and control software, hook it up to your existing motors, and still end up with money in hand.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

when i had it on and got to the home page on the monitor yes it had all kinds of icons, i think i clicked on the wincnc or cncwin and thats when the screen looked like the pendant (hand held) face but at no time did screens lit up but the monitor, so i got the pendant and tryed it and only the up arrow worked and all three speeds worked too. then i grabbed the mouse and clicked something by accident and that router went all the way up and then came came down fast and hard...so i guess something did work on that monitor screen, then i was afraid to try anything in fear of breaking the router.

mybe i should post pictures of what the screen looks like with all the programs and what shows when i click on the differant things ?

If you got it to move at all, that's progress. Usually, when a stepper only moves in one direction, there's a wiring problem to blame. Check the wiring to the Z axis to make sure something hasn't worked loose. And sure, post your screenshots - somebody here probably has experience with that control system.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

is the Z the router ? so yes something is moving/working, so not entering a PW is not a problem ?

great

just keep trying it will work I think..

the password... I believe you can get around to reinstalling somehow the program or make somehow default..

don't blame yourself, everyone has problem with first machine... no matter what brand.. computer is something like a black box with a bounch of handle and crank.. you can learn to crank it, but very few can understand how it work inside..

and youre right, a car ""relatively "" simple, because you can see all part.. but you cant see the electrons in the chips :-)

for your earlier question, is this machine runs without computer???

no.. take a look onto the pictures you posted.. on the computer back, an old printerport plug going into the controlbox.. and from controlbox a ""joystick"" 9 pin plug goes into the pendant..

probably as you was looking for the net, you find the ""dsp controls""
    but they are totally differ from this.. as much as example an airplane and a space shuttle..
    both has wings, however the applied technology different..

your control made in 2000... in 2000 the technology was way behind to producing something like those modern dsp controls..

try to unplug all connector.. clean them and plug again..

sometime helps to pulling out the memorymoduls of the computer and reinserting....

I believe the machine should work...

Andrew that's a great find...
    the 13 zero plus the "1" might works as password ?

by the way, as you can see Andrew got same conclusion, if it doesn't work, then retrofit with a newer and lot cheaper control..
    for this old system just doesn't worth to buy nothing..
    it is not something like your ford, what is a pretty car.. that car worth to keep alive..

ok, so what i will do is take 1 at a time un-plug make sure its clean plug it back in to each and every plug, even the c-boards.....and if that doesn't work i will take pictures of what i am seeing on the monitor! thanks by the way what am i looking at for the new cheaper set up you think ?

first... try to power up only the controlbox, and check if all motor is ""locks up""

when a cnc unpowered, it can be moved freely.. under power either way it will be locked by motors are magnetized.. or motors has a break itself..

if that works, then motors probably good..

next turn off controlbox, and turn on computer itself.. the best would be and don't cost a lot, to pull out harddrive from computer and make a hardcopy of it..
    computerstores, mightbe bestbuy geeks can make you one..
    it is when harddrive copied block by block or bytecopy..

then you can experimenting with the copy, even put in another computer as a secondary hard drive.. once you can run the program youre capable to move router..

ok, when the power is off i can move the the router bar very easy, when the power box is on and i here the clunk the router bar is locked up and hard to move.....

Page 2 of 4 1234