587,300 active members*
3,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Routermaster 52

Hi all,
    I need some electronics help with my Routermaster 52. I brought this machine second hand about 18 months a go. It worked for about 3 months then just stopped working. The local electronics guy got it about 90% right but seems to be having trouble send the job from the pc to the "big black box". I am in Austalia and it runs software called Toolpath from a local CNC manufacturer called Multicam. They have told me that the electronics are too old and it would better to upgrade everything. This sounds great except that it is beyond my budget (i blew all my cash on the original machine).

Any suggestions?

Brett

C'mon everyone,
    I don't even know where to start!
    Can i source new electronics or should i try and repair it?

I've got the same problem

I've purchased used RouterMaster 52 Z7 and electronics are not working. I've contacted manufacturer and they offer me to replace controller to new one with software, 2 years warranty and training. Everything for 10,000 CAD. I still think that my original controller is fixable and should work and after repair should still work properly. My problem is that I don't know who can fix it and where I can get software called ToolPath?

Best

Quote Originally Posted by osi View Post
    Hi all,
    I need some electronics help with my Routermaster 52. I brought this machine second hand about 18 months a go. It worked for about 3 months then just stopped working. The local electronics guy got it about 90% right but seems to be having trouble send the job from the pc to the "big black box". I am in Austalia and it runs software called Toolpath from a local CNC manufacturer called Multicam. They have told me that the electronics are too old and it would better to upgrade everything. This sounds great except that it is beyond my budget (i blew all my cash on the original machine).

Any suggestions?

Brett

I still haven't fixed mine yet. I have found a local electronics repairer who is familiar with cnc machinery. He thinks that we are going to have to replace the electronics and install new software.

The $10,000 CAD is cheaper than the $18,000 AUS I was quoted for the same sort of deal. I might contact Routermaster in Canada and see if if they would send it all to me in Australia.

Toolpath is an operating system by Multicam. The are based in Newcastle, Australia. I would imagine that it would be fairly pricey to buy the software from them.

Routermaster 52 mulicam

I also plan to upgrade a multicam routermaster52. I did contact AXYS who bought out muticam and they quoted me 16,000 US for a total control and motor upgrade. I dont have that kind of money to spend so I am looking at closed loop sevo motor kits and bipassing the existing control box all together. I beleive I would just have to purchase a program like Mach3 and run the cnc direct from a pc. I attached two kits I am contimplating purchasing everything I have heard is its pretty much plug and play. If we all have to same models the X and Y have chain driven 8 to 1 gear reducers. I plan on doing a lot of 3axis artisct cutting and from what I could tell this is the most cost effective retrofit option.......Thought anyone

Servo products

Servo CNC Retrofit KITS Controller Router Mill Diy ebay Canada USA

Camtech RouterMaster

Hi!

If you like please contact directly CAMTECH. Here is a contact info:

AXYZ International

Toll Free N.A.: (800) 361-3408 ext. 501

P: +(604) 430-4006 F: +(604) 430-4007

Brad Moberg

or e-mail: [email protected]

I am still looking for a better option to solve my problems. I've got another contact but I have to check out this first, before I will give you any advise if this option is better then 10,000 CAD for a new electronic system. Best

[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by osi View Post
    I still haven't fixed mine yet. I have found a local electronics repairer who is familiar with cnc machinery. He thinks that we are going to have to replace the electronics and install new software.

The $10,000 CAD is cheaper than the $18,000 AUS I was quoted for the same sort of deal. I might contact Routermaster in Canada and see if if they would send it all to me in Australia.

Toolpath is an operating system by Multicam. The are based in Newcastle, Australia. I would imagine that it would be fairly pricey to buy the software from them.

Cam Tech upgrade

Has anyone used 3rd party parts to successfully upgrade a Cam Tech?
    If so please tell me.
    You can buy a new router for what AXYZ wants for a controller upgrade.

Try to contact eureka-cnc.com, that's where the original "RouterMaster" ended up, he can help!

I also have a Routermaster 52 that does work and has a spare controller box. I am considering upgrading the electronics. My understanding is that I can replace the controller with a Kelig for under $800, keep the stepper motors, and be on my way... not that I have done any of it. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by hans@eureka-tec View Post
    Try to contact eureka-cnc.com, that's where the original "RouterMaster" ended up, he can help!

A bump for people looking for camtech help; Hans is your guy!