587,999 active members*
1,979 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SALVAGING PARTS!

Hi all.. First..can anyone tell me if the Power supply from an XBOX 360 is of any use in a build? I got bored tonite so I took apart an old ASTRA 2600S Scanner I have...it also has a top scanning unit for slide scanning... it has a stand-alone power supply in it rated at 100-240V in... and has ties for 5V, 15V and 24V.... there is no Amperage rating on it, the board is about 7" x 3" anyone know if this one will be suitable?

Lots of other neat stuff inside as well 2 motors...one is definately a stepper it's written on the back and had a plug on the side with 6 pins ( only 4 were wired to the connector cable ) [ P/N 17PM-K203-T20V Type 17PM-K203-GV4T from a ThaiCompany called MINEBEA will this be of use to me in future builds? The other motor is kind strange...looks like a Stepper, a little smaller, it has 4 wires hard wired to a plug it's rated at 6V 1.0A TECO is the brand Type 4H4018X0503. You can feel the tiny steps when you turn the shaft...but it is about 3 times as hard to turn as the Stepper motor...Any Idea what this is? And oh yes... two nice belts inside..as well as two steel Guide rods..very hard steel.. both about 20" one is 1/4" thick.. the other about 1/2"... the larger one weighs about a half pound....surprisingly heavy for a rod that size... Also got three 10" "Florescent Type lights and some sort of camera device... I'm thinking the Lights will make neat little desk lamps...lol..or maybe "Gantry and Cutting Table lighting"?...I know they are very bright if I can figure out how to use them... I think they are attached to a small ballast of some sort. Anyone know any thing about any of this stuff?.. It seems like a good salvage for something down the road....lol...see what happens when I get bored?...lol.. I'm eyeing a couple of old VCRs that are collecting dust as well...lol

Paul

Imacman

UMAX s-6e

I just acquired the exact same parts from a scanner I found in the trash. Nice steel bar and stepper motor. Thought about using the lights for the same purpose you did!