588,461 active members*
4,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > screen display is full of green lines

screen display is full of green lines

I have a milltronics RH-14 with a centurion 7 control. the screen looks like the attachment. one other thing i noticed is that the fan on the power supply is not turning on. could they be related? does anyone know of this issue? could it ba as simple as a new power supply? the only thing i have tried is re-booting. it acts the same otherwise it does home and everything sounds the same.

Thanks,

JP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-12-20 10.02.08.jpg  

I do not have specific experience with your machine or controller. Yet, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. Having worked as a tech on various tools in the electronic industry, I would say that either your power supply is bad, or the display is bad, or the monitor board is bad, or just a loose connection.

The power supply may or may not be bad because you do have power to the monitor (the green lines do appear). The fact that the fan is not running is indicative of a bad fan or lack of power to it (bad connection?). This means that as a result of loss cooling the power supply may have overheated and is putting out bad voltages. This is not good because bad voltages can destroy other electrical components.

I would troubleshoot in the following manner:

#1 Check the connections first. Sometimes a bad connection will cause the monitor to display what you have. Always pull and re-seat connections with the POWER COMPLETELY OFF! This means for the whole machine.

#2 If that does not fix the monitor and fan issue. Replace the power supply.

#3 If the power supply does not fix the problem then replace the display board.

#4 If the display board does not fix the problem then replace the monitor.

makes sense.

Thanks,

JP

C7 display problem

jpluck, You can check the power supply voltage, The fan should run for cooling. The most likely problem is the LCD inverter board. Call Milltronics tech for trouble shooting help, 952-442-1410 ask for tech support. Have the machine serial # when you call it helps them pull up the correct info for your machine.

Sportybob

thanks sportybob, i got the same info and orded the part yesterday. but here is another thing when i took the cover off the power supply the black wire to the fan was snipped and you can see the fan has never been working. is there any reason you can think of as to why they would intentionally disable the fan?

Thanks,

Jp

Quote Originally Posted by jpluck View Post
    is there any reason you can think of as to why they would intentionally disable the fan?
    Jp
    Probabally because either it was noisy or had stopped turning.
    The symptoms I have seen like this has been Signal output from the LCD controller board.
    All inverter problems I have seen have caused no backlight, as the LCD info and the backlight are completely separate the inverter must be working, otherwise no info at all on the screen.
    The output of the inverter is around 800~1000VAC.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al,

thanks, I stopped the delivery of the inverter. The wire was snipped on the power supply before I ever got the machine brand new. they are sending a new power supply. Looks like the it is either the LCD display itself or the display out on the motherboard. the centurion 7 does not have a LCD controller board.

I also replaced the 2032 battery. it is supposed to be putting out 3V and it was under 2V

so if it is not the display I may just upgrade the controller.

Thanks again,

JP

Thanks, everyone for the assistance. i just wanted to follow up with how i got back up and running.

like i said earlier i stopped shipment on the inverter board and it turned out i did not need it.

Milltronics sent me a power supply because the wire to the fan should not have been snipped. the fan actually has never been running. when i put the new power supply in it booted up normally. LCD was fine.

So if you ever see this it could be as simple as replacing the power supply.

Thanks again,

JP