584,850 active members*
4,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > Set up another controller tries to boot copies over firware then shuts down

Set up another controller tries to boot copies over firware then shuts down

I had tried 2 OPC so far to get another controller up and running. It tries to load I do see an error on boot something about ACPI. But it flases by to fast to read it all. I remember a while back this came up but I cannot find teh fix something about turning off ACPI.

Does anyone remember the fix or can point me to teh link.

Thanks (;-) TP

Re: Set up another controller tries to boot copies over firware then shuts down

My latest computer is hold the F2 key down on bootup, there are various keys used to get to the bios depending on the computer. Google the brand and model with the query bios display or something similar.

I changed the boot sequence to load PP from a USB stick, then changed it again to the C drive after installing PP.
    mike sr

Well I have tried 4 PC so far no luck. 1 of teh HPs came close as it got al the way into teh PP screen then the Video went squirrely. Odd that it would boot into Linux just fine and run fine there but in PP it went Squirrely. Another odd thing was when I installed PP from USB v6.0 the video was ok. After the update that is when the Video went wonkers. Weird ??

2 HP
    1 Compaq
    1 Dell

I have had very good luck with Dells that were recycled corp PCs i3 and i5. Just load go. But none left in teh shop.

(;-) TP

I have an inspiration 7010 Dell, works fine on the bench, I did have to change the boot sequence to load of a USB thumb drive.

EPC has them in St louis 125gb ssd 4 gb ram I5 some for 115 dollars and others for 150.
    mike sr

With the one HP pc as long as I stay with V2.00 it runs fine . IF I update then PP knocks out the video.

OH WELL , (;-) TP