588,380 active members*
5,619 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Setting up for Fluid Management program

Setting up for Fluid Management program

I'm in the process of making a proposal to the owners of our company to let an outside fluid management team handle nearly all aspects of caring for, recycling, and maintaining the fluids in all 75 mostly CNC machines (some lathes and grinders). I'd like to know if anyone could suggest the simplest way to determine the sump size for each of our machines. Is there a site on the web that would have these specs? We have Mori's, Doosans, Cincinnati's, LeBlond Makinos, Toyodas, and Warner Swaseys. Or is there a way to intelligently 'guess'? :tired: Thanks for any help...

You have the manuals for each machine? They are all going to vary. If you are having an outside source manage all your metalworking fluids, I would just let them figure out what the sump size is, if they are professional like they say, they should already have all pertinent information on machine tool sump sizes. Thats what you are paying them for right! Otherwise I would call the manufacturers of the machines with serial numbers at hand to see if they can look up what was installed when built.