587,999 active members*
5,236 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 159 of 587 59109149157158159160161169209259
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 11734
    c.sitas,

Welcome to cnczone.

We are all new to everything at some point I think you'll find that 99.99% of the folks here on cnczone are happy to help each other.

I learn something new here everyday, it really is awesome to see what others come up with, projects, etc...

:cheers:

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    Try this:

Note: This assumes that you have already installed the dxfR12 plugin.

1) Open Inkscape

2) Create your text inside Inkscape. Select the text tool from the toolbar on the left side of the screen, or keyboard shortcut F8

3) Left click on the Inkscape drawing area.

4) Type your text on the keyboard.

5) Select the pointer from the toolbar, or keyboard shortcut F1

6) Left click the text, that you just created, (make sure the text is selected).

7) Go to Path at the top of the Inkscape program, from the Path dropdown menu, select Object to Path (This will create all your nodes for your text).

8) Go to File at the top of the Inkscape program, then do a Save As... with the dxfR12 plugin, and make sure that the extension in the path that your saving to is .dxf & not something like . svg

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Update: You can also drag a corner of the text to make it larger or smaller after the text is created, it doesn't matter If you have converted to a path or not, to resize.

Also to change your font go to Text then Text to Font at the top of the Inkscape screen, then select a font that is on your pc. Just make sure that the text is selected before you change the font.

Once you convert the text to a path, you can't change the font again, so make sure the font your working with is really what you want, before you convert to a path.

BIG THANKS Switcher

Now haw you explain it works.

Question Parts of Inkscape letters not showing up

I have just downloaded Inkscape and followed the instructions above and everything looks good in Inkscape and I can save it as a DXF file.

When I open it in BobCad not all the lines to make up the letters show up???

Win XP
    BobCad 21

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chips View Post
    I have just downloaded Inkscape and followed the instructions above and everything looks good in Inkscape and I can save it as a DXF file.

When I open it in BobCad not all the lines to make up the letters show up???

Win XP
    BobCad 21

If you post the dxf file that you made with Inkscape, I'll have a look.

Make sure it's the dxf straight out of Inkscape, thanks.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Mr.Chips... I like the way u are in this forum.... i wish to see some of ur CNC work..can u do us some favour

Talking BEARS

Hello,

Any one have some bear files?

Thanks for the replies guys, was able to open The roman numerals clock face .dxf in another CAD / Save it again as a .dxf and then re-open it fine in my normally used program.

Ken

I don't like plain text..especially the title of this thread don't need plain text... i can just share the Nature for now, and that is i just snap the picture outside my house with beautiful rain... just zoom the picture and fresh up ur minds..and then post the artwork with new ideas and new mind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   raining1.jpg  

Question

If you post the dxf file that you made with Inkscape, I'll have a look.

Make sure it's the dxf straight out of Inkscape, thanks.

Thanks Switcher,

I have attached the DFX right out of Inkscape and what it looks like in BobCad.

Hager
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _InkScape.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mr.Chips,

Your dxf file was created with the default Inkscape .dxf extension. What you need is to install my plugin ( dxfR12 ) then it should work.

The default Inkscape extension is useless with cadcam programs.

The way I can tell what extension is used, I open the dxf with a text editor, my plugin only includes lines, well that & the second line in your file reads "DXF created by Inkscape", with my plugin it will read "DXF R12 Output"

Try my plugin, it should work for you.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Question Where's the "My Plugin"

Mr.Chips,

Your dxf file was created with the default Inkscape .dxf extension. What you need is to install my plugin ( dxfR12 ) then it should work.

The default Inkscape extension is useless with cadcam programs.

The way I can tell what extension is used, I open the dxf with a text editor, my plugin only includes lines, well that & the second line in your file reads "DXF created by Inkscape", with my plugin it will read "DXF R12 Output"

Try my plugin, it should work for you.

Switcher,

I found your Youtube Video and I panicked when it first started everything was going so fast then I got to the Tutorial section and I could breath again. Videos like this are so very helpful thanks for taking the time to make it.

Sorry I didn't see the my plugin option you mention in the video, where do I find it, and how to load it into Inkscape as anoption.

Thanks

You can download the plugin here: http://mydxf.blogspot.com/2008/11/inkscape-r12-dxf.html

Follow the instructions in the link above, the actual download link is on that that same page (just above the star rating).

When you install, all you have to do is drag my plugin files into the Inkscape folder ( C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions ).

Hope this helps.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Hello everyone.
    A big thanks for the welcome Switcher. To talk to you is new for me but I've been reading you for quite a while. All you guys are a ways done the path so to speak. But I'm catchin on just by being around you guys.Man it hurts when you turn around so fast.Thanks again and have a great holiday.c.sitas

You can download the plugin here: http://mydxf.blogspot.com/2008/11/inkscape-r12-dxf.html

Follow the instructions in the link above, the actual download link is on that that same page (just above the star rating).

When you install, all you have to do is drag my plugin files into the Inkscape folder ( C:Program FilesInkscapeshareextensions ).

Hope this helps.

That is exactly what I needed it came through Perfectly. :rainfro:

Thanks Switcher

Hager

JUST A SIDE NOTE:

INKSCAPE DOES HAVE A USERS MANUAL IN THE HELP SECTION. IT'S WORTH PRINTING OUT, 126 PAGES LONG. THEY ALSO HAVE TUTORIALS TO HELP YOU LEARN THE PROGRAM.
    What is possible? What you will!

Mr.Chips,

Glad it helped.

After you do a few projects in Inkscape, it starts getting a lot easier.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Another useful Inkscape tip, I always save a .svg copy of whatever I export as a .dxf, you never know down the road If you might need to tweak the file. That way I can open the .svg back into Inkscape make my changes then "Save As.." another dxf If needed.

The way I figure is, If it's worth saving as a dxf, I better save an .svg

Free DXF - vectorink.com

3d Reindeer?

any one have any 3d reindeer patterns that i can cut and put in my yard?

i done a search and didn't get any results.

thanks,

Talking R-DEER

I HAVE THEM.....

Bears

Two bears 2 times.

For the other kind see post #3014.

Page 159 of 587 59109149157158159160161169209259