588,206 active members*
4,292 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 40 of 587 3038394041425090140540
    Thanks

No,........ Thank You Sir. I am going to send this to a friend that lives in Ohio. He will enjoy this.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by jfc11 View Post
    Does anyone have a dxf or 3d file of the Ohio State Logo

Thanks,
    Jim
    And two more...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Any Union logos?

I wonder if any one has one?

For those who HATE filling out US Income Tax Forms...

The FairTax Logo converted to vector format (DXF).

Show your support... or not.

My tribute to THE FAIRTAX BOOK by Neal Boortz and Congressman John Linder.

BTW, don't forget this is the 'Share Your Files Part or Art' thread. I posted it in case anyone else wants to use it. If anyone wants to start sharing any of their deep seated political, emotional, pro/anti-IRS ideologies or views, etc., that can be done here in The FairTax... Yes, No, Maybe So, I Don't Know or Other thread.

As always, enjoy,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FairTax.jpg  
    HayTay

You always include a little comic relief LOL
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I could use one from the University of Texas, theirs is the Texas longhorns
    Thanks

Dan

[QUOTE=myxpykalix;328057]haytay,
    I don't have the cd you mentioned so the wizard file may have come from

Thanks for the wizard. I make footlockers for friends kids going to school. One likes this sort of thing. The photo is the top of the box. Hope it does it justice. (plug- I just got V-carve 4 and it converted the jpg ready to carve in about 20 seconds start to finish. It also seems to be smart enough to properly smooth the lines)
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUNP0008.JPG  
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

That looks great and the font looks appropriate for the theme of the picture...very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dan dimock View Post
    I could use one from the University of Texas, theirs is the Texas longhorns
    Thanks

Dan
    Dan,

Is this what you're looking for?

I hope it helps you out,
    HayTay

THANKS HayTay

Man - that is what I am looking for, I am making a serving tray for one of my dauther, she and my son in law both went to UT so I want to put a inlaw in the bottom of it.
    Thanks again
    One other thing - when do you ever work?

Dan

THANKS HayTay

Man - that is what I am looking for, I am making a serving tray for one of my dauther, she and my son in law both went to UT so I want to put a inlaw in the bottom of it.
    Thanks again

Dan

Heres some cool china writing:rainfro:

Cool dxf file

how about a hot-rod dxf file......
    Acinch

Quote Originally Posted by dan dimock View Post
    Thanks again

Dan
    Dan,

I'm glad that was the graphic you were looking for. The finished tray, I'm sure, will brighten the life of your daughter and son-in-law for many years to come. Just a word of advice, even though I'm younger than you. I'd shy away from putting an "inlaw" in the bottom of the serving tray. Even nice "inlaws" get tiresome after a while. Stick with the inlays instead!

Sorry, Dan, I couldn't resist. Your typo gave me a laugh while I was at 'work'.

And, YES, I do work. Sometimes I work too much. It's the sleeping part I seem to have a problem with.

Oh, and be sure to post a picture of the finished tray. "Thanks" are always welcome and greatly appreciated! But... sometimes it means just as much, or more, to see the project that you contributed to in its finished form.

Keep at it,
    HayTay

Durring Ppl travels has anyone come accross a translator that will convert English to Chinese Characters (think this could be very useful when it comes to machining etc...

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Dan,

Sorry, Dan, I couldn't resist. Your typo gave me a laugh while I was at 'work'.

And, YES, I do work. Sometimes I work too much. It's the sleeping part I seem to have a problem with......,

HayTay ... As my Dad once told me... "Son you can sleep all you want when your Dead, it time to go NOW!!" later on I realised the importance of getting to the fishing grounds early....

Now days when Ppl tell me I'm looking tierd, I replay " Sleep is somthing you do when your Dead... " and they just laugh..

Quote Originally Posted by Salty72 View Post
    Durring Ppl travels has anyone come accross a translator that will convert English to Chinese Characters (think this could be very useful when it comes to machining etc...
    Salty72,

Try Google Translate and choose either "English to Chinese (Simplified) BETA" or "English to Chinese (Traditional) BETA" before hitting the translate button.

English to Chinese (Simplified) BETA:
    hello
    你好
    Men's Room
    男人的房间
    I love you (for our sweethearts)
    我爱你

English to Chinese (Traditional) BETA:
    hello

你好
    Men's Room

男人的房間
    I love you (for our sweethearts)

我愛你

Similar, yet different. Of course, translation from one language to another may not work exactly as we think. Keep to textbook English and stay away from idioms, contractions, and industry specific terms or phrases. I used to work for a plastic injection molding outfit and they had all kinds of problems using a well known and high dollar translation program. It was kind of hilarious what the program came up with for "trim gate on part, flush".

Have fun,
    HayTay

[QUOTE=beone;331463]
    Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    haytay,
    I don't have the cd you mentioned so the wizard file may have come from

Thanks for the wizard. I make footlockers for friends kids going to school. One likes this sort of thing. The photo is the top of the box. Hope it does it justice. (plug- I just got V-carve 4 and it converted the jpg ready to carve in about 20 seconds start to finish. It also seems to be smart enough to properly smooth the lines)
    Dave
    Lookin' good, beone.

I'm curious as to how the Chinese(?) symbols tie in with the wizard and the medieval looking carved 'Elizabeth'? Or is that just a test run?

You've also piqued my (our) curiosity with the font used for the 'Elizabeth' text. Will you share with us the font name and source?

You may also be interested in using Google Translate as shown in a previous post to generate Chinese characters or sayings if you aren't already. Again, if you don't mind me asking, what do the symbols you carved translate to, if anything?

Thanks for contributing to this thread,
    HayTay

This is my favorite thread. Thanks guys! :cheers:

I have two requests for .dxf files:
    Knight in armor
    Car Toons comic book images

Page 40 of 587 3038394041425090140540