587,180 active members*
4,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 488 of 587 388438478486487488489490498538
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 11734
    Thank you Larry and Br1 Larry letters look great but, when I scale to bigger size turns ugly why I have idea. At one inch they
    look smooth with minor issues go bigger disconnected lines everywhere. Br1 I have used that before and the letters are not smooth also.
    The letters I'm making are going on a bridge in Newburyport Ma . So anything dealing with DOT has to be perfect for them. Even if the letters
    are to be like 24 Ft in the air!

When I use the software I let it make the dxf to get the shape then I take that dxf in most cases and smooth out the letter using arcs that that make it easier to machine, time-consuming but worth it. Interesting City, hope you find a workable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by huntin30 View Post
    Thank you Larry and Br1 Larry letters look great but, when I scale to bigger size turns ugly why I have idea. At one inch they
    look smooth with minor issues go bigger disconnected lines everywhere. Br1 I have used that before and the letters are not smooth also.
    The letters I'm making are going on a bridge in Newburyport Ma . So anything dealing with DOT has to be perfect for them. Even if the letters
    are to be like 24 Ft in the air!
    What size letters are you trying to make??? I can scale the font to any size in my CAD program and they are smooth. Here's a set 24" tall see if they work, OK?

Larry

Will give it a shot Larry thanks again! I will let you know. BR that's the problem time and a crap load of letters
    thanks very much for the input and letters.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by huntin30 View Post
    Will give it a shot Larry thanks again! I will let you know. BR that's the problem time and a crap load of letters
    thanks very much for the input and letters.
    Steve
    Just send me a MP with the words you need and the height and I'll send you back a DXF file with letter spacing and all.

Larry

Hope Someone can help:

Hi All,

A friend asked if I could make them a plaque for Christmas to hang up in their garage. They bought a corvette this summer (Retirement) and joined a local car club. They asked If I could take a design and add their name across it. They sent me a JPEG image but I need to get it converted into a dxf. I'v never tried this so I was wondering if anyone here could help. The image was found on the net so I don't know if there are any copyright issues regarding commercial use but this will be used as a free gift if I can get it done.
    I no longer use the phrase “That Looks Easy…” When I say it, it usually ends with looking at a Repair Bill, Hospital Bill, or Both

Red face Vette Derriere

Quote Originally Posted by crashswiftly View Post
    Hi All,

A friend asked if I could make them a plaque for Christmas to hang up in their garage. They bought a corvette this summer (Retirement) and joined a local car club. They asked If I could take a design and add their name across it. They sent me a JPEG image but I need to get it converted into a dxf. I'v never tried this so I was wondering if anyone here could help. The image was found on the net so I don't know if there are any copyright issues regarding commercial use but this will be used as a free gift if I can get it done.

Crashswiftly,

Hope this rear end is appealing,

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a$$.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!

Thank You VERY much Jalessi

I really NEED to figure out how in the world to do this for myself.

Again, Sincerely appreciate your time.
    I no longer use the phrase “That Looks Easy…” When I say it, it usually ends with looking at a Repair Bill, Hospital Bill, or Both

SignTorch Vette DXF Art

You could just get it from the source at readytocut.com

www.signtorch.com

Hi everyone - Does anyone have a DXF file for the the Toronto Maple Leafs
    and the Detroit Red Wings . Thanks for any help . Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hi everyone - Does anyone have a DXF file for the the Toronto Maple Leafs
    and the Detroit Red Wings . Thanks for any help . Cheers
    Kevin44,

Which is it, anyone or everyone? Get your story straight.

Hope this works for someone.

Jeff...

P.S.
    The new TML logo sucks
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thanks jalessi you are the best . Cheers :cheers::

Hello, I'm new here. I am a Detailing/Drafting manager for a structural steel & plate fabrication company and I'm trying to obtain an AutoCad DXF file of the Oakland Raiders Logo and San Diego Chargers to load into SICAM so I can burn it on 1/4" thk Stainless Steel Plate for Christmas presents. I've done a Utah jazz logo which I copied the logo image to autocad and traced it with cad lines then saved as a DXF... which worked, however painstakingly a long tidal process. If anybody has a saved DXF please share and I will in the future share my DXF files as I create them. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
    Hello, I'm new here. I am a Detailing/Drafting manager for a structural steel & plate fabrication company and I'm trying to obtain an AutoCad DXF file of the Oakland Raiders Logo and San Diego Chargers to load into SICAM so I can burn it on 1/4" thk Stainless Steel Plate for Christmas presents. I've done a Utah jazz logo which I copied the logo image to autocad and traced it with cad lines then saved as a DXF... which worked, however painstakingly a long tidal process. If anybody has a saved DXF please share and I will in the future share my DXF files as I create them. Thank you.
    J-RO,

Most of us painstakingly take the time to create our artwork as needed, a extensive library may be cost prohibitive.

In the meantime, I hope my magic wand helps with your project.

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chargers.jpg   Raiders.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dea4arrison Guest
    Does anyone have a DXF file for the the Toronto Maple Leafs

hay switcher happy thanks giving old friend and merry christmas havent heard from u in a while good to see u are still around
    ghost
    http://www.pure-teck.com/home.html

I am thankful for this thread. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tatinc2000 View Post
    I am thankful for this thread. Thanks everyone.
    As am I. Thanks for letting me be a part of this.

Paul

Jeff,

Thank you, man. I really appreciate it. It works in AutoCad and Just need to change the line layer to Burn and we're set.

Thanks again.

J

Edit: Sweet Magic Wand! What is it?

1/4" Thk. A36 Mild Steel Plate... Not that I'm Proud of my Team this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazz1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	211378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazz2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	211380

Page 488 of 587 388438478486487488489490498538