588,094 active members*
4,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 104 of 184 45494102103104105106114154
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Let's not have this conversation again...
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    The only thing i worried about is the massive explosion at tianjin hope D was not here at time of incident ! So much died and injured pray for them
    He is too far away to be affected,by the explosion Tianjin is 400 miles from Yantai
    Mactec54

Hi, an even greater worry is the devaluing of the Yuan posted on the news yesterday.......can't say by how much.

All Skyfire.com products are listed in US dollars, so this will affect the pricing eventually.

I would imagine that this might be to Defeng's advantage, as I US dollar now means more Yuans etc.
    Ian.

I know that he not "work" here but in yentai , but people are not static have family etc... it's not all about the "machine production" there's human behind

At the moment, all the trees are out in blossom as it's our Spring down under........in another 2 months the elapsed time will be 2 years since I placed the order for the SVM-0 mill........I hope I'll get some actual work time on the mill before they cart me off or I forget what a mill is......LOL.

I expect the deathly silence at the moment is due to Defeng touring the States setting up the dealership, so he'll be well away from the scene of the big bang.
    Ian.

Yes, as they say, all good things come to those who are patient.
    My SVM-2 arrived today, and it is very nice and well built.
    Unfortunately it may be some weeks before I get to use it, but will post here once I do.
    Attachment 290316

Wow, happy, happy, joy, joy, as my kids would say!

How'd you go with the customs and brokerage fees?

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Wow, happy, happy, joy, joy, as my kids would say!

How'd you go with the customs and brokerage fees?

cheers, Ian
    Not sure yet, should have the bill in a day or so, but it looked like it was going to be around the $2,500 including the GST, about the same as a new tooth….

Quote Originally Posted by DagnWal View Post
    Not sure yet, should have the bill in a day or so, but it looked like it was going to be around the $2,500 including the GST, about the same as a new tooth….
    The good thing is you can make your own tooth now...

Attachment 290352

Quote Originally Posted by DagnWal View Post
    OMG.....there goes the kid's inheritance........Mum told me there would be days like this....LOL.......the term "jewel of a machine" just took on a new meaning.

You lucky dog........have fun.
    Ian.

So does this make 2 machines delivered so far that we know of? Does anyone know how many mills were ordered and paid for altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by inov8r View Post
    So does this make 2 machines delivered so far that we know of? Does anyone know how many mills were ordered and paid for altogether?
    i think its 4 shipped actually.

My SVM2 has arrived as well, I'll try to post a photo over the weekend.

I hope my SVM-0 arrives before July 2017 as the TV news just announced that the Government is going to apply GST to all private foreign imports after that date.......with GST at 10%, that would be another $600 out of my pocket in that case...... oh woe is me.......LOL.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    I hope my SVM-0 arrives before July 2017...
    I don't know... that seems wildly optimistic, after all you have only been waiting for what, 2 years?
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Yes.....almost 2 years for the boat to come home.......I can't complain really as I did ask for a number of modifications and that dictates the queue listing for any special build.

At least I'll have the time to clear the garage a bit more from the accumulated things that can't be got rid of.......to get rid of anything is like pulling out a Wisdom tooth......mostly the stuff gets repositioned so's I can get into the place, but the bullet is going to have to be bitten big time.

It seems that almost everyone has gone for the SVM-2 mill so I expect there will be a lot of discussion going on with a comparison to the Tormach, Novacon and other mills in it's class.......but with one huge difference.....the SVM-2 is a mill designed from the bottom to top with linear rails as the axes mounts, so I expect to see advantages in that quarter alone.

The testing time will be with the electronics.......they are Skyfire designed, at least the ones for the SVM-0 that were shown in earlier posts were, and so fairly new, and with that aspect the whole show will hang in the balance.......just one component out of wack and the whole house of cards will be on trial.

Eventually the dust will settle, and the real test of long term bullet proof reliability will emerge.

The SVM-0 is purely a hobby machine on steroids and then some, whereas the SVM-1 and 2 etc are mainly light industry orientated and will run neck and neck with similar longer term established mills, and that's a tough stage to be judged on when a crust of bread is to be earned, so a lot will hang on the performance and pricing.

Quite frankly, performance can be generated by design, but pricing is in the lap of the commercial gods who do not smile frequently on start up companies wanting to break into the established circle of manufacturers, even if they are innovative and different.
    Ian.

Hi Handle, sorry to let you know that you will have to pay the GST, your machine is over $1000, there is no escape...The other little trick is that it's determined on the value of the item when it arrives here, not on the value when it was purchased. So I was doing well with the exchange rate by paying 100% up front, but the GST was paid on the current exchange rate, which is not so good.

I got the machine out of the box this morning, and I'm very impressed with it.

Defeng, if you are still reading this thread, you have done a very nice job on this machine, and the fact that you managed to deliver it at all under the circumstances makes you a very honourable fellow indeed.

for those who think its bad that this single man made a machine a year long

about a month before, someone asked for half wrap on a mercedes van
    he ordered the van trough on mb usa and stuttgrat made

he pad deposit in 2014 november
    he received the van in 2015 july..

you know what, if a factory with over 100 year history makes a van half year long, then i think defeng was working with light speed.. yet it is hard to wait so long for a machine, but this is the truth..

everyone knows an assembly plant makes a car about a couple of hour as it runs trough on the stations

so what took a half year the mercedes to making a van? is it cool eh? :-)

so everything just need to be examined in light..

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    for those who think its bad that this single man made a machine a year long

about a month before, someone asked for half wrap on a mercedes van
    he ordered the van trough on mb usa and stuttgrat made

he pad deposit in 2014 november
    he received the van in 2015 july..

you know what, if a factory with over 100 year history makes a van half year long, then i think defeng was working with light speed.. yet it is hard to wait so long for a machine, but this is the truth..

everyone knows an assembly plant makes a car about a couple of hour as it runs trough on the stations

so what took a half year the mercedes to making a van? is it cool eh? :-)

so everything just need to be examined in light..
    Although I have not personally dropped any money in this whole ordeal, I am truly surprise how calm everyone is about this business.

In light of the earlier analogy about waiting a year later for non-standard wrap from Mecedes, I think most will agree that custom requests will always take longer than the factory norms. However, I think the difference is in the communication. If it will take 2 yrs to deliver than indicate so at the initial order acceptance. This way, both customer and mfr agree and noone is misrepresenting. Not sure about the mercedes incidence, but I would think a 100yr old company would at least be communicating the customer.

In my own case, I almost fell victim to the "est net 90" delivery dates. At this rate, noone seems to know when and if they will receive their machine. What viable business takes money and the customer doesnt havent an idea when they will receive their merchandise or service.

I know there were a few comments here about Defeng really isnt a business and he's "one of us" just trying to give us DIY'rs something thats not available in the market. But come on folks, if Defeng's capacity is only 1-2 machines per year, then maybe he shouldn't take anymore orders?

I'm rooting for him but, 2 yrs w/little to no-communication?

the half wrap was asked, made by us...

the van manufacturing was asked made by mercedes

while it is a weird example.. it is true..
    communication?
    im not sure you could call a supervisor, or an enginer ""any time"" at mercedes.. if, anyway you could get any number..

and also, folks who ordered and they satisfed thats fine.. it doesnt mean everyone need to feel same..

human is weird.. workign 30 + years, for a dream if, if survive the 65 he might receiving benefit :-)

who can tell me seriously, that government 30 year later pays me?

it pending on what you put next comparison..

also on other hand, you can buy a grizzly mill, and buy electronic, and 3 week later you can clamp the block of steel, and start to mill...

on other hand, im glad folks trusted him, and he get a CHANCE
    a chance what actually everyuone should deserve..

imagine, youre at a company that they looking for drivers..
    you need to proof, you can drive 4 hour without stop..
    and you have to proof it in within the half hour they listening you..

you can not proof, so youre not ok..

altough youre capable.. but you dont get chance, so they can tell you youre not capable..

all poster need to realise that freedom is for everyone, not only for you..

Page 104 of 184 45494102103104105106114154