588,411 active members*
5,429 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 126 of 184 2676116124125126127128136176
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

If Defeng sent you an XML file, it doesn't have a driver. Mach 3 has a parallel port driver. Are you running this on a Parallel port cable? DB25? If so, when you install Mach 3, it should let you know that this driver is also being installed. What version of mach 3 are you using?
    Lee

Hi

I received my machine last week as well. (Will post pics later)
    But Defeng has had problems sending the driver pack to me.
    Anyone that received the driver and can share it?

what is this driver for? a usb board?

if its a paralel board, there is NO driver as lee said.

Hi....I have a USB connection from the mill to the computer......problem is when Defeng sent the driver by email, Outlook Express thinks it's a nasty bit of work and blocked it out completely......can't even make a tempory allowance to let it through so Nortons AV can get stuck into it.

Defeng sent 2 files by email.....the XML file got through, but not the driver.

Going into Outllook Express and I see there is a function to "allow" certain users to always be allowed into the system......but I can't seem to get it to work.......(with hind sight, that mightn't be a good idea).........the driver is an exe file so Outlook thinks it's a threat and blocks it.

Sometimes I get a message for incoming attachments that reads "do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer".......options can be for one occasion etc.

If the problem persists and can't be overcome, then the driver could/should be supplied on a CD with each machine sold as they're specific to the SW Defeng created or just installed, and that can be scanned by your AV software for nasties.

In the meantime, until the driver issue is resolved, the mill just sits gathering dust.......this is probably only happening to those with the USB hook up as other SVM mill owners are up and running and having fun......ggrrrrr.
    Ian.

Get him to post that driver on his website. You should be able to download it there then.
    Lee

Chances are that who ever made the board has a website. You can probably download the driver directly from them. You just need to know who made the board to find out.

Ben

Hi again

Based on the installation instructions I think the chipset is based on or similar to Jamen CNC. Im not sure if Defeng has changed it, but I think it might be likely since the boards I have looked at have the Skyfire brand and logo on them.
    The installation file is supposed to be named something along the lines of JNC-40M V xxx Setup.exe, where xxx is the version.

Upon seing the above I thouht I could find the USB driver online and try out the generic one to atleast test the basic functions of the mill that would hopefully work with a generic driver.
    The problem is that I cannot find Jamen CNC anywhere on the web, or a download link to their original drivers. From what I have managed to gather they are either out of business or have been bought by another company.

So if anyone manages to get the drivers from Defeng, or a generic Jamen CNC driver, please let me know. I want to get my machine up and running!

handlewanker

If you have any AV software on your machine computer/ controller, you will have to remove it, this should not be there, turn off all program updates as well, there are other things you have to do, also to make it trouble free control

Why do people buy Antivirus software, which can be a pain in most cases, when you can get it for free from Microsoft, this is more suited to their software as well ( Security Essentials )

bhurts Defeng makes all his own Breakout Boards and other Boards for his machines, He is an Electronics Engineer and his Electronics are very good, he may use some third party electronics, but all the main parts/Boards he makes

Doxs No other Driver is going to work, It will have to be from Defeng, to suit his system and Mach3
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Why do people buy Antivirus software, which can be a pain in most cases, when you can get it for free from Microsoft, this is more suited to their software as well ( Security Essentials )
    Because Security Essentials consistently rates last place in AV reviews.

https://redmondmag.com/articles/2015...irus-test.aspx

I use ESET NOD32.... but not on a computer running mach3. That machine gets absolutely nothing loaded on it... and no internet or network connection. I have a computer sitting next to it for that purpose. In Ian's case, with the old computer he is using, you definitely would want to keep it stripped down to the bare essentials... and that definitely means NO AV! Antivirus is one of the biggest CPU hogs out there, and you don't want an AV program thinking it is time to do a disk scrub when you are cutting parts.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

I run without virus protection on my computers. has not bothered me a bit, long as i dont click on links that will make me "millions of dolars" or "easy money" or "hot college girls", and don't download pirated movies and or software, I'll be fine.

xjdubber that is just asking to be hacked a hack can come from anywhere Adobe is the worst it has big holes same with IE, spy where is added just by being on google.

Ian put up some picks of you control boards part number`s any info on them the more details the more chances of someone knowing a fix
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just got the USB drivers now, unfortunately its very late and Im too tired to test the machine today, so will give it a go tomorrow instead

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    xjdubber that is just asking to be hacked a hack can come from anywhere Adobe is the worst it has big holes same with IE, spy where is added just by being on google.

spy where? there?

10 yrs without virus protection and any incidents, knock on silicon....

most successful hacking is accomplished by social engineering, without you being aware of it you leave tracks online, no antivirus solution will overcome that. I don't use antivirus for the simple reason that I make sure of what I'm looking at. Sorry but spy ware is not being added simply by being on google, however there are is a lot websites that can lead you to believe what you're looking at is real, but really is a trap. I don't use IE, not because of security concerns but because it plain simply sucks. I use chrome with Ad block as an add-in that by it self saves me grief of having to look at adds and not having fake adds pop up in my face. No, I'm not asking to be hacked. I make security conscious decisions when online, don't count on an antivirus suite to save your hide. After all where do you think the information comes from that say ESET NOD32 uses to identify and deal with viruses, thats's right infected computers....

I'm not advocating against virus software, however don't think it will protect you to the N'th degree, and life online without virus protection is completely possible. And if you don't want to spend money on it, free programs like windows defender/security essentials will do a pretty good job at keeping you safe from common threats.

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    spy where? there?

10 yrs without virus protection and any incidents, knock on silicon....

most successful hacking is accomplished by social engineering, without you being aware of it you leave tracks online, no antivirus solution will overcome that. I don't use antivirus for the simple reason that I make sure of what I'm looking at. Sorry but spy ware is not being added simply by being on google, however there are is a lot websites that can lead you to believe what you're looking at is real, but really is a trap. I don't use IE, not because of security concerns but because it plain simply sucks. I use chrome with Ad block as an add-in that by it self saves me grief of having to look at adds and not having fake adds pop up in my face. No, I'm not asking to be hacked. I make security conscious decisions when online, don't count on an antivirus suite to save your hide. After all where do you think the information comes from that say ESET NOD32 uses to identify and deal with viruses, thats's right infected computers....

I'm not advocating against virus software, however don't think it will protect you to the N'th degree, and life online without virus protection is completely possible. And if you don't want to spend money on it, free programs like windows defender/security essentials will do a pretty good job at keeping you safe from common threats.

Totally correct, most IT engineers don't use antivirus software, I don't use it either, on any of my desktop computers, and only have Security Essentials on my laptop, which has traveled the world, it's a lot harder to be hacked than people think, a virus can be picked up if you like to venture into the wrong places, that is why i posted what I did most are a waste of money, & cause lots of problems, with most systems, Security Essentials works with your computer operating system, and you don't even know it's there, it is basic and does all that is needed, for a home computer
    Mactec54

Ian put up some picks of you control boards part number`s any info on them the more details the more chances of someone knowing a fix
    There would be no point, the Boards are designed & made by Defeng, he only needs the USB driver, and XML file from Defeng and he will be running
    Mactec54

Running AV software on a dedicated machine controller is asking for trouble. Keep your machine off the net. Just that simple.

interesting

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I couldn't think of much worse than installing Java, and Adobe Flash and/or Acrobat on any cnc machine controller. Sure to screw up the best of machines without trying, especially that piece of garbage Flash.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I haven't had any trouble having a PDF viewer on my CNC machine. It can be useful too.
    But Flash or AV or web browser? Choke.
    In short, strip the SW down to the absolute minimum.

Um ... I admit to having and using Autosketch on my CNC machine. It lets me look at engineering drawings of the part while it is being cut. That has never given me any trouble, and is USEFUL.

Cheers
    Roger

it all depends on how well your computer works being safe is only using it as a machine controller.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 126 of 184 2676116124125126127128136176