587,828 active members*
2,780 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 128 of 176 2878118126127128129130138
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3662

Hybrid View

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

na it will be cheaper Ian the chinese government alway Help those who pay lots of tax and toe the line and give there self a good internation name selling top notch products.
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jips Roger is right that motor to spin the carousel is far too big A big nema 23 would work or a small servo motor,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    jips Roger is right that motor to spin the carousel is far too big A big nema 23 would work or a small servo motor,
    lol. need to say that the point is not driving the carousel rotate, but the acceleration. We always hope the ATC work faster to save machining time as we are talking about an effective ATC machine. We may want the ATC changes a tool in 3-5 seconds. It needs the carousel accelerates fast and then needs more strength from the motor. So it has a good reason here to use a big motor.
    www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: [email protected]; Skype: skyfirecnc

the point is not driving the carousel rotate, but the acceleration.
    OK, good point.

the ATC prototype in the picture I will run with 220VAC single phase.
    That's essential. The average home or garage (here in Oz) does not have 3 phase. I do, but I live on a farm, and even so I had to ask specially for it. You could look at having a 240 VAC 15A connection quite easily, or two 10 A outlets in use, but for many that would be the limit.

VFD/VSD should use the capacitors specially for VFD. It's not the same thing as common industrial capacitors---even they have same volume and voltage, temperature specifications. Common capacitors will ageing fail soon in VFD after a year or so.
    Very, very true. The big electrolytic caps are the first failure point for a lot of gear. It is always worth while using 'oversize' caps with very low ESR in an industrial system.

Looking good so far.

Cheers
    Roger

yer the power supply stuff seems to be your only problem what is good, easy to fix. if you just have a question for anyone who buys one of your machines asking what rating is there power supply it would make life a bit easyer.

you don't want to spin your atc to fast or you will have to add a locking mechanism.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi.......as far as I know......you can get 3 phase for your domestic abode by applying for it on the grounds that your air conditioner is more than 2 HP and can't run from the single phase supply without tripping out the breaker each time it switches on......then get your favourite electrician to run and supply the necessary 3 phase connectivity to the garage.

A few years ago, with a Bridgeport mill purchase and a hack 3 phase converter that was actually a 2 phase lash up and made the motor get hot, I bought a 3 HP rotary phase converter.

In the mid 90's I ran a 3 HP single phase motor on my capstan lathe doing sub contract work on the side, and every time that switched on the lights dimmed, the TV and anything else got a hiccup from the sudden mains surge.

I cured it by fitting a 12 volt electric clutch, gleaned from a cars air conditioner, and only had to switch on once in the session.....the 12 volt clutch only took 2 amps to activate but was capable of handling 4,000 rpm + and quite a few HP.
    Ian.

.you can get 3 phase for your domestic abode by applying for it on the grounds that your air conditioner is more than 2 HP and can't run from the single phase supply without tripping out the breaker each time it switches on.
    Probably, but have you priced it?
    That's a whole new lead-in from the street, a new meter box, two more power meters inside the box, new Council fuses, plus the 3-phase wiring you have to snake through the house somehow. Plus the cost of the Council connection at the street. Mucho $$. - almost as much as the CNC!

Cheers
    Roger

Here $5 grand if you work for the electricity company most of that is just the cable to the house, if not a hell of a lot more, it will be about the same over your way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you only have 1-phase electricity coming into the house from the outside? It must be a really fat cable coming in... Here, we have 3-phase coming in to the house and then it is split into 1-phase circuits in the breaker box.

they use to over here they changed it years ago you ever have single or 3 now most have single no it`s not a big fat cable

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Stigoe

Different countries, different systems. Most domestic supply in Oz is single phase, probably something like 40 A or so. No, it's not a very fat cable.
    It may be that in Norway the supply is a little heavier for heating purposes?

cheers
    Roger

So you have a 1-phase 40A coming in to the house? Wow! I have a 3-phase 63A into the house and I don't think that is uncommon in normal houses here. But yes, we do use it for heating and kitchen appliances. No natural gas here, strangely enough, considering how much much we export of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    So you have a 1-phase 40A coming in to the house? Wow! I have a 3-phase 63A into the house and I don't think that is uncommon in normal houses here. But yes, we do use it for heating and kitchen appliances. No natural gas here, strangely enough, considering how much much we export of it.
    I say wow as well, the 240v single phase I have is 400A,and can have more if I want/need it, the normal modern home in the USA has a 200A supply, we use gas mostly for heating
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec
    I say wow as well, the 240v single phase I have is 400A,and can have more if I want/need it, the normal modern home in the USA has a 200A supply, we use gas mostly for heating
    I find that a bit astonishing. 400 A single phase into the house???? That's busbar territory.

There is no way our supply authorities would ever permit such an unbalanced load. You would be told to go 3-phase, and you would also be required to balance your load across the phases. otherwise you risk blowing the transformer. Yes, they run 3-phase down the street, and alternate the phases going into houses. Have to, to balance the tranny.

Um - I thought the USA was 110 VAC, not 240 VAC. Where-abouts in the USA do you get 240 VAC?
    EDIT: now 120 VAC, I find. And I now understand the unique USA split-phase system. Only in the USA ...

Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Hi Mactec

I find that a bit astonishing. 400 A single phase into the house???? That's busbar territory.

There is no way our supply authorities would ever permit such an unbalanced load. Ypu would be told to go 3-phase, and you would also be required to balance your load across the phases. otherwise you risk blowing the transformer. Yes, they run 3-phase down the street, and alternate the phases going into houses. Have to, to balance the tranny.

Um - I thought the USA was 110 VAC, not 240 VAC. Where-abouts in the USA do you get 240 VAC?

Cheers
    Roger
    Most residences are fed split phase 240vac so you can run clothe dryer or kitchen stove etc.....

Hi Mactec

There is no way our supply authorities would ever permit such an unbalanced load. Ypu would be told to go 3-phase, and you would also be required to balance your load across the phases. otherwise you risk blowing the transformer. Yes, they run 3-phase down the street, and alternate the phases going into houses. Have to, to balance the tranny.

Cheers
    Roger
    No problem with balance, 240Vac is in every modern residence in the USA an 120vac is split from one leg of the 240v
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec

There is no way our supply authorities would ever permit such an unbalanced load. You would be told to go 3-phase, and you would also be required to balance your load across the phases. otherwise you risk blowing the transformer. Yes, they run 3-phase down the street, and alternate the phases going into houses. Have to, to balance the tranny.

EDIT: now 120 VAC, I find. And I now understand the unique USA split-phase system. Only in the USA ...

Cheers
    Roger
    At work we have a 240v 600a 3phase service and 240v 600a single phase service. a little strange but it happens.....and canada has split phase too.... i call it 2 phase which pisses of other electricians to no end

you have lot`s of snow and really needed heating so not surprised you have higher power need, down here in NZ and Au not that bad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't even have 3 phases of power available on my street. If I wanted three phase power, I would have to pay the electrical company to bury more than 1000 ft of new power lines (we have underground services), and it would probably cost me upwards of $30k.

That is pretty typical for most residential power distribution systems in the US. The power company has three phase power feeding major roads, and than pulls a single phase off that (through a multi tap transformer) to run down a street to provide power to the houses on that street.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    I don't even have 3 phases of power available on my street. If I wanted three phase power, I would have to pay the electrical company to bury more than 1000 ft of new power lines (we have underground services), and it would probably cost me upwards of $30k.

That is pretty typical for most residential power distribution systems in the US. The power company has three phase power feeding major roads, and than pulls a single phase off that (through a multi tap transformer) to run down a street to provide power to the houses on that street.
    Yes the USA sucks as far as 3 Phase power is concerned, but you also pay more for it on top of the high installation cost, even for an industrial install is big dollars, It's best to stay with the 240v single phase and install a Phase Perfect, that's what I did, It is rated at 80A 96A max this is with the PT380 unit, total cost around $8,000 these units are around 98% efficient, so much better than anything other method to get 3 phase power if you need it, and you still pay the low cost for power used
    Mactec54

Page 128 of 176 2878118126127128129130138