588,322 active members*
4,508 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 150 of 184 50100140148149150151152160
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hi.......I have a small bench type drill press with a 1/3 HP single phase motor........it can drill 12mm in steel.....maybe the way I sharpen my drills helps.

Perhaps it's not relevant because the speed changes are by multi step pulley diams and belt drive so the torque is multiplied the smaller you go down on the drive pulley.

I've also got a larger semi pedestal drill press and that has a 1/2 HP single phase motor........drills 12mm in steel with ease, but you can stall the motor if you hang on the handle too heavy........usually I pre-drill with a smaller drill anyway otherwise the table deflects down a bit, but a scissor jack under it helps.

I would expect the SVM-0 to drill 12mm in steel, probably with a smaller pre-drill size as I like my holes to be round, smooth and on size rather than oval or triangulated.........I'll test that when I get to it.

At the moment the mill is set up with the higher speed pulley, so going down on the revs electronically for HSS drills will lose a lot of HP or torque....whatever.

The convenience of electronic speed control is offset by the lack of torque when you go down in the revs.

I have to wonder how much better it would be to have the spindle speed controlled by infinitely variable type pulleys and a speed sensor, despite the need to vary speed in a program electronically for various cutter sizes, but that would only apply if an ATC was in the picture......pausing in the middle of a program and changing tooling is a manual affair and so could a vario pulley be too at the same time..

It will be a big hassle to change over the pulleys on the SVM-0 to the smaller drive one for more torque just to drill a bigger hole or two......having the power draw bar on top of the spindle doesn't make it any easier to swap over belts and pulleys.....but it might be easier than I think if the whole PDB housing is slipped off........3 screws etc.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    Hi guy's , until Defeng can help me I ask you my problem , may you can give me some advice and idea to check and solve this . So: I got a an alarm "driver alarm" on the control panel . It's not immediate when I power on the machine but really variable it depends sometimes after 30s sometimes after 2min or 40min max time , things To know it's not related to mach3 it's happened even without the computer plugged , as i live in France i check my voltage and it's seems ok between 227V and 231V , then I opened the electrical cabinet and see nothing unplug , Ask to Defeng week a go and he tell me tht driver error must be relative to an electrical problem so if you have ideas it would be really appreciate if there is any technician here Attachment 310610Attachment 310612 Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Hi Jips It could be the air pressure, on my machine some times the air pressure switch takes some time to unload if the pressure drops, which makes the fault intermittent if you have bad air or are using an air blow gun on the same air line to the machine. Might be worth looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by DagnWal View Post
    Hi Jips It could be the air pressure, on my machine some times the air pressure switch takes some time to unload if the pressure drops, which makes the fault intermittent if you have bad air or are using an air blow gun on the same air line to the machine. Might be worth looking at?
    Wow thanks a lot to point that actually as i setting up the vise with the jog and try dry run only , i was not put the air on yet ! I was not expect that there was an air pressure sensor and more over related to the possibility of the "driver error" alarm , will try with the air on tomorrow and report back if it's solved
    So you had experienced the driver error alarm ? My misunderstood is why this alarm happened not regularly sometimes just after sole seconds sometimes minutes sometines near an hour , if it's due to an air sensor why it's happened irregularly as I haven't plug any air yet ?

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

By the way if it's that i may have to upgrade my air plan ! I have set up a hub 3x quick connect one for the power draw bar second for air gun and third for the MQL wich is not using lot air and pressure but if it can cause problem i will have to buy an other compressor to dedicate this one only to the PDB
    So hope your suggest is that it will be an easy fix and make fly away my stress ! Report tomorrow morning ,long night waiting now haha

Hello Jips,

Once you get this error, there should be a red LED lit on one of the drivers, either stepper driver or spindle driver. The driver's error outputs are connected to the USB stepper driver and if one of the drivers goes into an error, the red LED will come on and the error output will be triggered to stop MACH 3 from running.

Which driver is showing the red LED? If there is no red LED then there is a lose wire from the driver to the USB controller triggering the alarm.

Let us know,

JB aka RR

Quote Originally Posted by rappyrippe View Post
    Hello Jips,

Once you get this error, there should be a red LED lit on one of the drivers, either stepper driver or spindle driver. The driver's error outputs are connected to the USB stepper driver and if one of the drivers goes into an error, the red LED will come on and the error output will be triggered to stop MACH 3 from running.

Which driver is showing the red LED? If there is no red LED then there is a lose wire from the driver to the USB controller triggering the alarm.

Let us know,

JB aka RR
    It's right when happened mach3 stop too , will check it tomorrow it's 1am here so little bit late , will report that tomorrow morning and check the location of the led error in the electrical cabinet before put the air , thanks a lot for your help

I miss to add one observation each time I power on or off the machine right when I hit the main switch during half a second or less the sound of the alarm is heard and red led lights on the control panel but very quickly ? Didn't was worried about that but it can be a piece of the solution , did this happen to you on a machine with no driver error ?

Quote Originally Posted by DagnWal View Post
    Hi Jips.......just my observation, so it may mean nothing........in the lower photo in post #2968 you appear to have a number of cables and wires lying on top of the toroid transformer.........although they're shielded and some have ferrite beads on the cables to block stray inductance and spikes from the toroid output, you could/should try and relocate them so that they are tucked away from the toroid windings.

In previous posts on other CNC cheap router thread problems, one of the main causes of spurious signals was the proximity of stepper cabling to power cables that generate EMF etc.

This may or may not fix the problem, as it's intermittent and so makes any solution guesswork until the fault re-occurs or stops completely.

BTW........when I opened the electric box on my machine, purely to see where a 4th axis driver would be fitted when I get it, I found one wire dangling loose.........this was on the cooling fan, and the crimped connecter had not crimped completely allowing the wire to come out......cured by soldering the wire to the connecter.

When many people fit car audio gear, crimped connectors are the first items to give trouble, hence all my connections on car audio are soldered.

As there are a load of crimped connectors in our mill electrical cabinet, I'd have a look to see if any are a bit suspect.......keep your fingers away from contact with any capacitors as they remain charged for some time after switch off.
    Ian.

Hi guy's so first report , power on and waiting to the alarm to see what component inside the electrical cabinet is in alarm : as you can see in the video all the drivers red light blinking
    And just got a message from Defeng , the driver alarm blinking is related to a code that will tell us what is involved he will share me the list of it I will then share here could be useful to evryone one day

Yes Ian i was worried about that too that's why i post the photo of the transformer so before the second test wich was to plug the air and see if alarm happen , i will move all the cable that not belong to this big piece of copper , btw i search on the web information concerning wiring and sensor of PDB to the breakout board or BLDC driver and cannot find anything.

So I look to a leadshine pdf driver alarm troubleshooting , mine are not this brand but I suppose it must be same explain so this is what we have

So over voltage protection ... what can causes that ?

you always wont high and low current separate they can cross but not run beside each other, same goes for the common ground you can have a high current and low current side by side but not together

that USB cable crossing over the power supply move it, that could be the problem.

and that's some piss pore cable management.

And Ian that dust collector you are going to use is going to be a pain in the arise, you need to ground all the piping, when it's running moving metal and air and you touch it or the machine you will get a zap, and zap's of dust collectors hurt. been there done that
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    you always wont high and low current separate they can cross but not run beside each other, same goes for the common ground you can have a high current and low current side by side but not together

that USB cable crossing over the power supply move it, that could be the problem.

and that's some piss pore cable management.

And Ian that dust collector you are going to use is going to be a pain in the arise, you need to ground all the piping, when it's running moving metal and air and you touch it or the machine you will get a zap, and zap's of dust collectors hurt. been there done that
    Thanks for this information i move the cable around the power supply in this moment , do you think it can be due to a problem with my earth in house ? does a bad earth can be a causes of power voltage excess ?

To Ian for dust collector in woodshop they got specific hose with coper wire along and plugged to earth to avoid zapping and for safety because it can start fire when discharge sparks

what you are better of doing is tiding up the cable's, if it still happens check all wiring connections on the machine, if it still happens run with the air idea DagnWal posted just do one thing at a time make a list of what to check and stick to it one thing at a time is faster than all at once's.

then if it still happens disconnect the spindle power, if it stop that's it, if not reconnect and check each stepper driver one at a time. if it still happens check where the power comes from at the wall.

for me it was the dust collector and a lose wire in the power socket, different machine same type of problem a fault from something.
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    what you are better of doing is tiding up the cable's, if it still happens check all wiring connections on the machine, if it still happens run with the air idea DagnWal posted just do one thing at a time make a list of what to check and stick to it one thing at a time is faster than all at once's.

then if it still happens disconnect the spindle power, if it stop that's it, if not reconnect and check each stepper driver one at a time. if it still happens check where the power comes from at the wall.

for me it was the dust collector and a lose wire in the power socket, different machine same type of problem a fault from something.
    Thanks for this clear check list , let's do it , come back to report

So next checking step ,I tiding up the cable best I can around the power supply
    Before:

After:

Tell me what do you think ,so now i will power it on and came back report if alarm happen again.
    There is a black cable that coming from the power supply but didn't connect to anything what is it supposed to do ?

So next report : alarm still happen,same way not regularly, after the tiding up of the cable ,then next checking step , checking that all the cable are tightened was done too and none of them was loose , next step put the air and wait , come back to report soon
    (Anyone concerning my last photo in post below ? Think it could be the bridge wiring for the 220V but not sure as islooks like )

You can start by finding the RIGHT MANUAL of your stepper driver, instead of hoping the error codes are the same. You now have no clue what you are doing...
    Find the right manual, check what the error is, then do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    You can start by finding the RIGHT MANUAL of your stepper driver, instead of hoping the error codes are the same. You now have no clue what you are doing...
    Find the right manual, check what the error is, then do something about it.
    Sure , I allready asked for it hope to have the manual tomorrow but it's hard to wait and sitting frustrated so that's why i made this search and it's the only one I founded on the web yet so...but you're right I have no clue at all to what I'm doing ,electrical thing are really not my cup of tea and more it's a thing who scare me a bit to manipulate, that's why I'm here and ask help and report all I made to be the more clear possible and follow your advice with confident

Hi....thanks for the warning on the vacuum cleaner shock potential.

It'll be difficult to fit a conductor in the pipe to earth it.

I'm working on the assumption that the internal pick up is going to be the first part to generate the high voltage static charge that does the zapping due to the picked up material causing friction with the air flow etc.

As this high voltage gets through to the outside of the piping, mainly because it's a plastic type material not rubber, I have the option to connect the flexible steel spring embedded inside the wall of the tubing to the earth point and so hopefully dissipate any static charge.
    Ian.

Page 150 of 184 50100140148149150151152160