588,211 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 64 of 184 1454626364656674114164
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

i must have missed it on skyfire.com where defeng says you have to wait over a year for delivery no matter what you order because the castings have to "age". nonsense. it's very funny that someone that has never even used a cnc mill is the worlds best expert on what qualifies as an acceptable cnc machine. the millions out there using dovetail cnc mills happily making money day after day with them would beg to differ i bet but what do we know.
    if you think defeng invented linear ways on a small cnc mill then you never heard of the syil x5.
    skillalot, you didn't order from the website? mm ok, must be from the secret psychic connection you have with defeng, either way, pics or it didn't happen

A lot of high hopes on this thread.
    6 month and not a word? Give up already.
    Castings need to age? Yes, but most casting companies offer annealing as part of the casting process right at the factory. And besides, do you have any idea what actually ages the castings?
    It's much more then time.
    Best CNC for the money? Not from what I can tell looking at the pictures.
    The UMC-10 would run circles around it. A proven concept.
    Even if you received your mill today, I doubt it will be everything you want it to be. It looks awfully similar in design to a Novakon.
    And they don't come cheap, but they, at least have proven themselves many times over and have readily available support.
    I guess as long as there is hope, this thread will live on. Just like the second coming.
    Just my two cents worth.

Bjones, scroll back to page 101, I put some pictures there that you haven't seen before on the web, of SVM-1 castings and being machined.
    I've had real contact, not psychic. If you don't want to believe that, fine with me, I know better...
    And could you please stop the negative crap you write in every post? If you read all your posts, then all got the same negative info towards Defeng. We get it now. He is not reading the forum at the moment, so it won't do any good.

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    A lot of high hopes on this thread.
    6 month and not a word? Give up already.
    Castings need to age? Yes, but most casting companies offer annealing as part of the casting process right at the factory. And besides, do you have any idea what actually ages the castings?
    It's much more then time.
    Best CNC for the money? Not from what I can tell looking at the pictures.
    The UMC-10 would run circles around it. A proven concept.
    Even if you received your mill today, I doubt it will be everything you want it to be. It looks awfully similar in design to a Novakon.
    And they don't come cheap, but they, at least have proven themselves many times over and have readily available support.
    I guess as long as there is hope, this thread will live on. Just like the second coming.
    Just my two cents worth.

um.

first, as mentioned, its *was* 3 months and hes back in communication. yes, its still sketchy, but its not a black hole.

second, the umc10? are you joking? you are comparing a $3800 machine to a $22000 machine from a manufacturer that has vanished off the face of the earth? also how does a small linear rail machine look anything like a dovetail novakon what would that have to do with the machines not being what people want? the bigger skyfire machine is a mikini btw - also nothing remotely similar to a novakon or virtually anything else under 10k.

also, annealing is NOT aging. not that aging has anything to do with the delay, it was only mentioned as an "upside". silver lining and all that.

too much nonsense in this thread already, don't add more please

Lol they banned bjones for his negativity ouch....

Quote Originally Posted by chevydyl View Post
    Lol they banned bjones for his negativity ouch....
    it may have had more to do with instigating arguments and calling other forum members liars.

Well, that may be the case, but if he had toned his comments down a shade to be more constructive, maybe that would help.

I was quite amazed at the UMC-10 going for $20k or so........that would certainly limit it to a narrow market unless you like the design, but originating from steel tube has me thinking the maker didn't do his sums right and has now dropped out of the picture.

What hope would someone have who wanted to set up and create from cast iron and has this price tag to compare with.

The infrastructure to manufacture in the Western World from steel tubing is practically a small business venture as opposed to that with iron components.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Well, that may be the case, but if he had toned his comments down a shade to be more constructive, maybe that would help.

I was quite amazed at the UMC-10 going for $20k or so........that would certainly limit it to a narrow market unless you like the design, but originating from steel tube has me thinking the maker didn't do his sums right and has now dropped out of the picture.

What hope would someone have who wanted to set up and create from cast iron and has this price tag to compare with.

The infrastructure to manufacture in the Western World from steel tubing is practically a small business venture as opposed to that with iron components.
    Ian.
    there was so much about that machine that made it un-appealing to buy. proprietary tools being a major one. flashcut would be a second. being priced only slightly less than a new haas tm1 kills it off completely. of course this is the remnants of fadal. id trust skyfire to run a cnc machine business properly before them

cnc mills are either tinker toys or production equipment. there is no crossover market. everyone who attempts that seems to fail hard. skyfire (tormach, novakon, etc) are decidedly toys and priced as such. haas is where you start getting into tools. the closer you get to the price of the haas without matching their service and infrastructure, the less reason your company has to exist. so the umc-10 was dead before he even launched it.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    there was so much about that machine that made it un-appealing to buy. proprietary tools being a major one. flashcut would be a second. being priced only slightly less than a new haas tm1 kills it off completely. of course this is the remnants of fadal. id trust skyfire to run a cnc machine business properly before them

cnc mills are either tinker toys or production equipment. there is no crossover market. everyone who attempts that seems to fail hard. skyfire (tormach, novakon, etc) are decidedly toys and priced as such. haas is where you start getting into tools. the closer you get to the price of the haas without matching their service and infrastructure, the less reason your company has to exist. so the umc-10 was dead before he even launched it.
    man you are clueless, if you've followed mr decaussin you'd know the umc-10 was very successful selling many machines. the man is very well regarded in the cnc community and doesn't create tinker toys, they are small versions of fadals which is the company he founded. what have you been successful with may i ask?
    carl

Quote Originally Posted by carlowens View Post
    what have you been successful with may i ask?
    carl
    1 Oscar nomination, a few emmys, baftas, 5 or 6 geminis. does that count? :P

ive followed mr decaussin since his first video. point was, his company has now vanished. no machines to be bought. whats support like on those machines he did sell? do you have one?

I never said he made a tinker toy, I said he tried to bridge the gap, which never works.

the difference between a tinker toy and a production tool is not the hardware, it is in the suitability of purpose. to make a $22000 machine work, it needs the support, infrastructure, ease of use, hirability of operators and programmers, wealth of available tooling offered by other machines in that price range. the umc-10 had none of that. the skyfire machines of course also have none of that, but at $3800, we accept that limitation because we know its a toy. not toy as in useless, but as in a machine that is wholly OUR responsibility to make do what we want.

anyhow, the point wasn't to knock the umc-10, just point out that the comparison was beyond silly.

so nothing successful in the cnc world then, priceless. last i checked fadec still answers emails so are very much able to provide support. if the point wasn't to knock the umc10 why did you go out of your way to do so? i guess the others that mentioned the umc10 had their reasons for doing so and your complete dismissal is not a valid one unless all you want to do is start a fight. the guy you quoted for mentioning the umc10 was only remarking on the previous posters comments about it so chill out. all you seem to do it argue with people.

now im confused.

person at top of page said the umc10 was a better machine for the money than a skifire - a machine that's 1/5 the cost. twas silly.

I then gave my thoughts on why the umc10 wasn't very successful and the company went away.

no fights until you started name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    now im confused.

person at top of page said the umc10 was a better machine for the money than a skifire - a machine that's 1/5 the cost. twas silly.

I then gave my thoughts on why the umc10 wasn't very successful and the company went away.

no fights until you started name calling.

maybe if you went back a page and read where the umc10 was first mentioned you might have been better educated about the context of the posters comments you singled out. either way far as i know he's allowed his opinion same as you but he didn't do it in your dismissive pattern. name calling? now you're reaching. go play.

Quote Originally Posted by high-side View Post
    I was just browsing the Chinese Central Authorities site.It seems the staff there speaks english as well as chinese, and they have phone numbers & email address.
    For those that have money tied up in this, it might be worth shooting them an email to get some direction which way to go.
    At the least,if the proper authorities get in touch with Defeng, it may light a small fire to have him make contact with his customers to give some sort of intentions.
    Just a thought...

Pat
    Thank you for posting this but I wasn't happy with the results, The only thing they would tell me is that Defeng Ren is under criminal investigation, no contact information given and very kurt on the phone. For what who knows, maybe fraud. Bummer.
    Trey

Quote Originally Posted by treyjugson View Post
    Thank you for posting this but I wasn't happy with the results, The only thing they would tell me is that Defeng Ren is under criminal investigation, no contact information given and very kurt on the phone. For what who knows, maybe fraud. Bummer.
    Trey
    interesting. could be the ex partner, could be angry customers. he seems to have a ample troubles.

Lol cm on guys you don't need to get banned too.
    And oh **** criminal investigation!!!???? Hmm seems to me it's over now. Even if it's defengs partner who would back the guy financially? Just based on association there's gonna be an awful lot of NO 's for the money. That's too bad.

Oh my gawd, woe is me........that's all I need.....boo hoo, just when I thought that things were starting to brighten up.

BTW, being a criminal in China is a whole lot different to the Western World.........you can be shot for criticising the regime that feeds and clothes you over there.

BTW again, just to clarify my interest and mentioning of the UMC-10, it was purely to point out that steel tubing construction is definitely practical and has merits and could be an alternative solution to the same item that the SVM series is made with iron.

No matter what the main structure is made form, within reason, the working parts are the bit that makes it tick, like linear rails and ball screws.....you wouldn't attempt to have dovetails with a steel tubing or steel fabrication build.

linear rails are like railway tracks in the desert....they provide movement where nothing else could travel and make steel framed machines functional.

That's just a passing thought and no need to dwell at length as this thread is about the Skyfire build program.
    Ian.

I think there is interest if yes i Start a thread of Design differences of vmc Mill of Manual and Cnc use ok ?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi Tkamsker, I hope you aren't thinking of going down the road of a manual mill retrofit....it's been done to death by more people than I've had hot breakfasts.

The big following for this thread is the fact that it covers the way a dedicated CNC mill should be built without compromise.

The hit rate on a new thread will tell you if there is interest or not.
    Ian.

Hi,
    i looked now through all foots of the bucket.
    i don't see where the speciality is really

i will not retrofit because in my case i have access to the factory
    so it will be properly designed

but there is a better place to discuss that

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...iscussion.html

i welcome all of us to shorten the time waiting for our stuff in an fruitful discussion.

thomas

Page 64 of 184 1454626364656674114164