588,495 active members*
4,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 98 of 184 488896979899100108148
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    customs usually does not take that long..
    I just finally finished reading this post for the first time. I started reading at 9am and recently finished this afternoon around 6pm. I went from curious, to enlightened, to wanting to buy an SVM myself, getting pissed due to Chinese scam, then holding off and feeling fortunate I wasn't one of the many duped out of cash and eventually anxious again to see the final product delivered.

So I decided to join the forum and share my 2 cents about the infamous customs folks and take part in the community.

From my own experience with customs, I know first-hand how difficult and sometimes completely baffled by the process. I have had much larger and more expensive equipment come in and sit waiting on the dock simply due to incorrect or improper paper work for weeks and even months.

For folks unfamiliar with the process and as an information repository, here is what I went through with a number of countries including the US:

1. Confirm the cargo or shipment is actually in the port (call customs of port of entry) --> bill of lading and shipment manifest should help
    2. Determine the queue of inspection to determine possible release times --> It's like DMV, make sure you are nice. Otherwise, it can be fast or sit on the dock forever.

Possible reasons for lengthy delays?
    - Lots of processing or inspections making the process slow due to volume constraints
    - Improper information - shipment manifest or bill of lading is incorrect due to clerical or simply misclassification --> If this is the case, the documents may need to be renewed and the original shipper will need to resubmit. If customs cannot get ahold of orig shipper, you may be in for a long wait. Hopefully SkyFire's export broker or rep is more responsive than what has been shown in this thread.

This is why customs brokers are so important and are worth their fee. SkyFire CNC said he's had export/import experience, but everyone can say they have been involved in the process, but until you've had to fill in the box or write the declarations yourself, it's a nightmare if done incorrectly for both parties.

Hope this helps...keeping one eye on this thread and hopefully an unbiased review of SkyFire CNC's system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Yes i Did

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk
    I have talked to him couple days ago about a er32 spindle. He said in stock and ship in couple days.
    But would like to see pictures of one .

Also said I have a friend to pick up spindle at his location, but not got reply back yet
    XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    I have talked to him couple days ago about a er32 spindle. He said in stock and ship in couple days.
    But would like to see pictures of one .

Also said I have a friend to pick up spindle at his location, but not got reply back yet
    My machine just cleared customs yesterday but I was out of town. Will be arranging shipping when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by why9faster View Post
    I just finally finished reading this post for the first time. I started reading at 9am and recently finished this afternoon around 6pm. I went from curious, to enlightened, to wanting to buy an SVM myself, getting pissed due to Chinese scam, then holding off and feeling fortunate I wasn't one of the many duped out of cash and eventually anxious again to see the final product delivered.

So I decided to join the forum and share my 2 cents about the infamous customs folks and take part in the community.

From my own experience with customs, I know first-hand how difficult and sometimes completely baffled by the process. I have had much larger and more expensive equipment come in and sit waiting on the dock simply due to incorrect or improper paper work for weeks and even months.

For folks unfamiliar with the process and as an information repository, here is what I went through with a number of countries including the US:

1. Confirm the cargo or shipment is actually in the port (call customs of port of entry) --> bill of lading and shipment manifest should help
    2. Determine the queue of inspection to determine possible release times --> It's like DMV, make sure you are nice. Otherwise, it can be fast or sit on the dock forever.

Possible reasons for lengthy delays?
    - Lots of processing or inspections making the process slow due to volume constraints
    - Improper information - shipment manifest or bill of lading is incorrect due to clerical or simply misclassification --> If this is the case, the documents may need to be renewed and the original shipper will need to resubmit. If customs cannot get ahold of orig shipper, you may be in for a long wait. Hopefully SkyFire's export broker or rep is more responsive than what has been shown in this thread.

This is why customs brokers are so important and are worth their fee. SkyFire CNC said he's had export/import experience, but everyone can say they have been involved in the process, but until you've had to fill in the box or write the declarations yourself, it's a nightmare if done incorrectly for both parties.

Hope this helps...keeping one eye on this thread and hopefully an unbiased review of SkyFire CNC's system.
    My broker has been very helpful. However it is amazing how much paperwork you actually have to do... It would be tough to do this yourself if you aren't doing import/export regularly. Defeng provided all the paperwork I needed from his end.

I decided to just pick up the machine. My broker agreed to let me uncrate it at the warehouse. Just need to hire some paid (beer) labor...

Hanger to see some pictures of this unboxing happy man !

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    customs usually does not take that long..
    I installed three doors for a customer that were hand carved and imported from China. We waited 6 months for the crate to clear customs. It could any clerical error, misplaced paperwork, improperly relating value (the 3 doors were worth $20,000).... I don't think one week is objectionable. All the fees and surcharges from the broker add up. But if you don't have a clue, he makes it a lot easier, and probably faster than if I did this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    Hanger to see some pictures of this unboxing happy man !
    Thanks... Actually I could have picked up Monday, but I was away due to my uncle passing. Just got back in town last night.

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    I installed three doors for a customer that were hand carved and imported from China. We waited 6 months for the crate to clear customs. It could any clerical error, misplaced paperwork, improperly relating value (the 3 doors were worth $20,000).... I don't think one week is objectionable. All the fees and surcharges from the broker add up. But if you don't have a clue, he makes it a lot easier, and probably faster than if I did this myself.
    Louie,

What port did your shipment enter and would you share the broker name? Would be nice to have backup resources. It's especially helpful when you know someone that has had good experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by why9faster View Post
    Louie,

What port did your shipment enter and would you share the broker name? Would be nice to have backup resources. It's especially helpful when you know someone that has had good experience with them.
    As soon as I can I will start a new thread, and I will post all that info and my experiences, so as not to further clog this thread.

Hi guys. I have not posted for many days because have being so so busy on every detailed works. I have to do every details personally on current machines and stuffs to set up our production standard. And I have to test all of the mechanical structures, electric signals, EMI.. etc. to make sure SVM-X will work reliable. And also working on CE... I have a lot of contents and photos, some videos waiting for post but don't have any time to do that before July...Just need some more time to get things organized.

Any one have comments on ordering checking, inquiry and any issues can send email to me. My workmate will help me with business issues if I have no time to deal with it personally. So.. everybody don't need to worry about my progress and order issue. All will be settled and arranged asap. I'm not just building several machines and earn some money, but trying to set up something. real deal or so.

Apologize again for no much updates recently but my working has been always going forward.

BTW. Louie, I'm looking forward to see your excellent works on your SVM-0! Sorry for your loss...

Defeng
    www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: [email protected]; Skype: skyfirecnc

Great Defeng , it's better to know you work hard than online here allday ! By the way I got my appointment with my bank next week so things moving good . Hard to wait to begin serious things

Thanks, Defeng.... He was a good guy who left too young. But I think better than suffering here.

I started a new thread here. My first post is on the whole import process; I hope it will be helpful to those here in the US...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncate...74474-cnc.html

Hi Defeng.......you're the Henry Ford of the small Mill industry....LOL.....great things need lots of input to get them off the ground.........most of us can understand that, so hang in there.....things will only get better as the production and inventory stabilise.......I hope the electric power draw bar mechanism you're working on is working out OK.
    Ian.

Defeng you have a lot riding on lou`s machine I hope for your sake it`s all good and if it is they need more people like you over your way play the long game in the end you will win
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi Defeng.......you're the Henry Ford of the small Mill industry....LOL.....great things need lots of input to get them off the ground.........most of us can understand that, so hang in there.....things will only get better as the production and inventory stabilise.......I hope the electric power draw bar mechanism you're working on is working out OK.
    Ian.
    Henry Ford would not have held up his production line to satisfy the individual needs of a single customer.

Quote Originally Posted by high-side View Post
    Henry Ford would not have held up his production line to satisfy the individual needs of a single customer.
    I'd agree. OCC would be a better analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    Defeng you have a lot riding on lou`s machine I hope for your sake it`s all good and if it is they need more people like you over your way play the long game in the end you will win
    Defeng will be fine. It doesn't all hung on me, and I have no skin in the game other than a good performance machine and truly wishing the best of luck for SkyFire CNC. The big thing now is expediency in fulfilling future orders, and getting the current crop out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by high-side View Post
    Do Ford still make cars in America?.......Henry would turn over in his grave at the thought of a 3/4 Ford Chinese car.

BTW, in case you missed the plot or haven't read any of the previous posts, Defeng did not hold up his production line.....he re-located it to make better mills......his way.
    Ian.

They actually make and sell Fords all over the world. I think Henry would be okay with that.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Do Ford still make cars in America?.......
    mostly in canada now :P

although i dont seem to see what that has to do with high-sides comment...

Page 98 of 184 488896979899100108148