587,517 active members*
3,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > (SHOW 'N' TELL) What have you made with your CNC machine?
Page 2 of 3 123
    Here is a 4'x8'x4" sign I did in Red Fir for the Assisted Living Facility my mom is in. Freebee.

Donny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aspen Springs sign Finished.jpg  

Here are a few 4th axis turnings I did to get the hang of it. Largest size dia in picture is 5" All done with 4th axis parellel finishing in one pass with a 1/4" ball mill at 60ipm.

Donny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bears dragon and column.jpg  

This is a coffee table I did for my wife out of 3/4" baltic birch. Top was cut with a 1/8" end mill. The other 42 pieces we cut with a 1/4" end mill. The buttress's are tulips. Still have to wood burn the veins in flowers on the top and between the buttress's. And put a glass top on it. The top opens to reveal a box to store magazines.

Donny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coffee Table1.jpg   Coffee Table2.jpg  

This is one of the very few paying jobs i have gotten over the last year and a half with my router. Its a Dodge Viper Convetable 5" long. Customer needed it for his daughter. Used it for gravity racing. Kinda like Co2 car racing minus the co2. Carved 3 sides one at a time. No rotary table on this one. Wish I had a couple self centering vices for this one. It was a ***** to re line up each side. Cut with a 1/8" ball mill in one pass.

Donny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dodge viper convertable.jpg  

These plaques are done in maple. Size is aproxx 35x24. Done with a 60deg v-bit to a max depth of 3/8"

Donny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lords prayer plaque finished1small.jpg   shepards psalm plaque a.jpg  

Here's a few i've made:

Here's a polished aluminum blue oval with custom engraving

[IMG]Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Another emblem I made for a customer:

This my pride and joy, it by far took the longest to make and finish.

A pair of polished aluminum wolf heads:

Anoth polished aluminum blue oval with custom engraving

This is another one of my favorites. The infamous "Scoots 5.0", made from .25" aluminum .010 doc, down to .125. It took my little machine along time to make all these emblems.

Angry

Here's a sign made yesterday
    I was going to post this on "who's making money with their cnc"
    but I lost my shirt on this one
    It was supposed to be a simple sign like those kinds you get at flea markets
    (hand routed with a template) by my creativity ripped me off on this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cottage-sign.jpg  

here are some motor mounts I make for sieg micro mills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X1E.jpg   X1a.jpg   X1a.jpg   X1small.JPG  

www.cncfusion.com CNC kits for Sieg mills and lathes

Since I have had my CNC for about 2 years I have made quite a few things, precious few just for fun. This was made tonight just for that purpose, FUN .
    It is for my wife's VW New-Beetle.
    1 Cad rendition and 1 finished product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BUGS_RULE.jpg   Bugs_Rule-CAD.jpg  

Hi, I brought home a brand new X3 milling machine, which has brought me back to this board to see how everyone else is doin their conversion. I've had an X2 mill, for about 2 years now with the X and Y axies only converted to CNC.

Here's some examples of what I've managed to do with.

They're disc brakes for 1/5 scale radio controlled motorcycles, the bike in the pics is mine showing the brakes installed.

Pat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP02209s.jpg   DSCF1026s.JPG   DSCF1027s.JPG   DSCF1028s.JPG  

Another Swede here (Grabben67) has made some really nice pieces in his machine. He's making a 1:4.2 scale Sukhoi out of carbon fibre.

Read more at http://www.modellbyggeriet.se/sukhoi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Master%20Fusulage.jpg   Mold%20fusulage.jpg   first%20fusulage.jpg  

Since I have had my CNC machine I have not had a chance to cut very many things with it. But here is one of the things I have cut. Its a rocking horse I cut for my little girl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_4539.JPG  

I built my CNC mini-mill to make these clamps and speakers for my wakeboard tower. I thought the local guy wanted to much to do the job, boy was I wrong......It's been a fun ride though!

Rod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bu_tower.jpg  

My machine's only been up and running for a little over a week now. Here's the first "real" project I tackled. It's a handwheel to put on the machine's dual shaft steppers to help quickly dial in zero's, etc. The part was milled in foam in two setups, then cast in aluminum in my driveway. A little hand sanding was done to knock the machining marks off the foam pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM000950s.JPG   IM000965s.JPG  

This is going to be an ergonomic desk top.
    I will post a picture once it is finished and installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DESKTOP.jpg  

Engraved faceplate for control box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00004.JPG  
    If it ain't broke... fix it 'til it is.

Not cnc per say just the wood part. The rest was torch hammer and anvil.
    Buffet for the wife. 50" wide 24" deep 36" tall. Lot of beating and shapeing.
    I'll get pics of the hutch that goes with it later.

Donny

www.whiterivermfg.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buffet finnished1.jpg   Buffet finnished2.jpg  

Absolutely no "wow" factor here but CNC sure made these tasks easier. Drop a sheet of MDF/ply on the table, press "Cycle Start" and come back later to all the slabs needed for the cabinet including carcass, shelves and doors. It was worth the g-code prep since at least a half dozen were needed.
    CNC made creating all of the curved components for the dormer including rafters/ribs, facade and fascia much easier too. Again, doing the g-code work while sitting in an air conditioned office sure beat balancing on a hot roof while trying to extend a curved line into the sheathing with a string, level, and square.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cabinet.jpg   dormer.jpg  
    David
    www.solsylva.com

This was a fun project. It's an LCD projector fashioned after the Haasman design on Lumenlab. It still needs to be painted. JoeChevy, HomeCNC, and a few others have built them as well. Building projectors is actually what got me interested in CNC equipment. One project always seems to lead to another...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails projector.jpg   pj_insides.jpg   pj1.jpg   pj2.jpg  

Here are a few things I have made.
    The first is a card holder, then a mold for catski grippers, next two are a foam protoype of a recumbent bike seat, the a couple of rc wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cardholder.jpg   catpawmold.jpg   volaeseatproto.jpg   volaeseatproto2.jpg  

rearwheelproto.jpg   frontwheel.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 123