588,398 active members*
4,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Wiring Chinese BOB for Mach3

Started to read the 20 pages guide I found for this BOB but it makes no sense to me what they are talking, pretty unreliable.

https://www.amazon.com/Stepper-Contr.../dp/B07BFTRTBC

I attach a picture of the BOB and wonder if someone knows anything about it. For example talking about the X axis stepper connections they say to connect PUL to one side of the board as I marked and the DIR to another side of the board. And still there is one more motor connection on the X left to be connected.

Looks like the spindle and limits should be easy to connect, I guess

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BOB Wiring.jpg  
    Nicolas

Re: Wiring Chinese BOB for Mach3

I also purchased the BOB from this link which includes only one relay

https://www.makerstore.com.au/produc...axis-breakout/

however I discover that the printer cable was not included and since in my area I could not find printer cable, to buy one online was $25 + so it was less expensive to buy the other one which had 3 relays and included the printer cable

What is confusing in the instructions, they are talking about "....the board supports the connection of common cathode and common anode. The common anode connection would be taken as an example..."

What common cathode / anode refers to in relation to the BOB?
    Nicolas

Hi does this diagram help you any.

I have found that Warp9 doesn't like all three relays, it turns one on permanently when in use. Other wise it works fine will run the surface touch plate and all the limit relays well. Tried using the edge finder in Mach3 but no response from the Bob. Either the file I'm using is incorrect or the Bob doesn't like it. Never looked any further. I switch between this board and the BD25 with the single relay across 3 machines.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper13 View Post
    Hi does this diagram help you any.
    Thanks for your time mate, appreciated

Currently I'm working on the BOB described in my post #2 below (with 1 Relay) which I purchased from MakerStore in Australia. Seems it has better instructions and some help is provided from the vendor. However I have been unabled to get it going, when I start there are 2 red LED lights on the BOB which I have no idea what they mean and no matter what connections I make they don't work.

So I will switch to the one you posted the schematic (with 3 Relays). I have one similar schematic but the one you posted has more details. However I have these 2 questions?

Where the +5VDC connection is going on the motor drivers?
    Where the Enable connection is going and is this the Enable+ or Enable- ?

Cheers
    Nicolas

I'll need to check my wiring harness late,r but this file should give you all the info for this board.

OK, +5VDC Goes to all the positive connections, +Pul +Dir and +En on each driver. Negative goes from P2/En to - En on drivers. I have found this board works well but as I have Chinese wiring each time a cable falters it blows another circuit board. The wires last about 4 years with me then I replace them and hope they are better quality.

Thank Chopper13 for the help. I do have the same file you sent me and I find this file confusing because the English translation is not the best.

Also I don't understand what you mean about "Chinese wiring" in your board.

I will start working on this BOB tomorrow and post results when ready

Cheers
    Nicolas

No problems. Here is how I have wired up my Bob. This being the second one I have blown with the crap wiring I made them plug in and out so my down time is very limited. It usually goes down when I'm starting a job, since replaced the wiring and have my fingers crossed it is the last one I blow. The first indicator is one of the axis jittering or doing unplanned moves in one axis. With my usual disbelief I push on and stuff it completely! This is why I stick with the cheeper Bobs although I have a alternatives but more expensive and mostly Chinese. In the process of building up another complete spare controller so I can just unplug the cables and be running again in minutes. I'm using a HY VFD but do not use Mach3 to do the speed adjustment as I find it is far quicker to adjust the speed on the VFD than muck around fumbling for the Mach3 control. I use one relay for the spindle off and on, one relay for the coolant pump and the last relay for suction. I'm changing to incorporate the cooling into the spindle relay so they come on together and as I have stepper motor cooling for running very long programs that is now done automatically with temperature controller. All coolant is run through a 6 fan computer radiator, dual core and is a mixture of engine coolant and water 4 to1 of coolant. This stops the spindle from rusting internally. I have fitted a sight glass in each coolant line with a spinner so the flow can be seen. Had a smaller coolant pump supplied with the router but it couldn't stand the pace and gave out without me knowing. Fortunately no damage to the spindle, only a short run job.