588,191 active members*
4,948 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati FTV 1050-3700 Z Axis dropping mid program.

Cincinnati FTV 1050-3700 Z Axis dropping mid program.

Hi,

I have an FTV which has an intermittent fault where during a program the machine suddenly drops approximately 20mm in the Z axis. The tool carousel door opens and the machine stops (Similar to hitting E-stop). The machine has a fanuc controller, the alarm messages are all coming up as external so i assume its on the machine side. When the problem occurs the control is frozen and the machine has to be powered off at the wall and started again.
    Im not sure which servos are for each axis but when the problem occurs there is an alarm code 24 on one of the servos. (Ill add a picture). The only error message that appears when the problem occurs is (COMM. ERROR: 011 (WATCHDOG ERROR) ) and this is on the handheld pendent. Once the machine is switched on and off it could work away without any fault for days/weeks but seems to be happening more frequently of late.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in giving some direction of where to look.

TIA

Re: Cincinnati FTV 1050-3700 Z Axis dropping mid program.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergal1 View Post
    Hi,

I have an FTV which has an intermittent fault where during a program the machine suddenly drops approximately 20mm in the Z axis. The tool carousel door opens and the machine stops (Similar to hitting E-stop). The machine has a fanuc controller, the alarm messages are all coming up as external so i assume its on the machine side. When the problem occurs the control is frozen and the machine has to be powered off at the wall and started again.
    Im not sure which servos are for each axis but when the problem occurs there is an alarm code 24 on one of the servos. (Ill add a picture). The only error message that appears when the problem occurs is (COMM. ERROR: 011 (WATCHDOG ERROR) ) and this is on the handheld pendent. Once the machine is switched on and off it could work away without any fault for days/weeks but seems to be happening more frequently of late.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in giving some direction of where to look.

TIA
    Contact me at [email protected] (+918168294379 my whatsapp)
    Lets discuss