588,603 active members*
9,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > EMCO Turn 325-II Lathe Error "Reception of Message 0x0 Failed with Error 2

Question EMCO Turn 325-II Lathe Error "Reception of Message 0x0 Failed with Error 2

Hello CNCzone Community,

I'm encountering a challenging issue with my EMCO Turn 325-II lathe.
    Recently, I've been receiving the error message: "Reception of message 0x0 failed with error 2".

Interestingly, when I dismiss this message, the WINNC software (Siemens Sinumerik 840D version) continues to run, but the lathe itself stops responding to commands.
    I've found that restarting the WINNC software alone (not the entire computer) temporarily resolves the issue.
    However, the error message reappears after some time, and the lathe ceases to respond again.
    Does anyone have experience with this specific error or know what might be causing it?

I'm looking for suggestions or solutions to tackle this problem.

thank you for any assistance or advice you can provide!

Re: EMCO Turn 325-II Lathe Error "Reception of Message 0x0 Failed with Error 2

Old thread, but in case the OP is still hoping for an answer...

I'm not an expert, but that message looks like a network packet error. The Windows PC is connected to the RT Linux PC (ACC) via an ethernet cable, and the user interface (winnc) talks back and forth with the real-time linux PC. The RT Linux PC is what's connected to the machine hardware and actually moves things around. I've no idea what the communication protocol is.

If you've got the original Windows PC, the network adapter may be acting flaky. Or the other way 'round - the ACC network adapter may be acting up.

If you've got the original disk/CD you can load all the software on a replacement Windows PC. Note that you will need an older 32-bit version of Windows for the control panel USB driver to work. I'm using an older Dell Wyse thin client with Win 7 embedded as my original PC was dead ($10 on ebay)

Once you've got all the software loaded on the replacement PC you can connect it to the ACC with the ethernet cable and see if the error is resolved.

If not, the ACC network adapter may be the underlying issue and you're probably in for an expensive solution.

HI, Thanks for the info.
    I will certainly try to investigate the network issue. (I tried the swapping the PC already)
    For now, if I start to machine, and let it run for an hour (so all is warm) then the problem go's away.
    Maybe I need to check the solder joints on the ACC network adapter.

Post up what you find with the ACC - may help others (including me) in the future.

Good luck!

For the ACC, I DM'd you. I have a spare ACC motherboard available. Its not the original Kontron, but works just as well. I had to replace the ACC motherboard in my Concept Turn 155 a while back because failed power filter caps took something else with them when they died (replaced all the low ESR filter electrolytics, but still was stuck on a POST beep code that indicated a system timer failure).